Something Unpredictable

——————A timeline——————

———-A delicate strand of something predestined and predetermined—————

———-Like icicles that hang from above there are multiple, they may mirror each other...but each with their own unique fate...their own outcome————

———-The only thing certain?——-

———-That they will melt.————-

————That they will die.—————

/——They mUsT nEveR cônNeCt——/

—————That they will eventually fade and be forgotten.——————

Arisu sat at her desk humming softly to herself in thought. Then she nodded, her decision now made.

I can send Jiraiya out to investigate the Akatsuki leader. She thought solemnly, the rumours surrounding Amegakure seem promising.

A potential lead.

A stifled scream sounded as a hand clapped against her mouth. A kunai raised to the young Hokage's neck.

"Don't scream." The unidentified Ninja ordered. Their voice disguised by something, perhaps chakra manipulation? "Or try to hiraishin. I've destroyed all your secretly planted seals."

Arisu narrowed her eyes. How did this person bypass her security?! And her hiraishin seals...was this a bluff?!

Slowly the figure removed their hand from Arisu's mouth.

"I suppose there's no point asking you to identify yourself." Arisu mused dryly as pressed a finger to her mouth and observed the figure. They were masked and cloaked in such a way it was impossible to determine their build. The only thing evident was that they lacked an arm as one of their sleeves swayed uselessly as they turned away from her.

"Smart girl." The masked person chuckled, "just as I remember." They trailed off quietly.

Arisu narrowed her eyes. Her heart beating as fast as her thoughts swirled inside her mind.

"What do you want?"

Enemy.

Ally.

Friend.

Foe.

Who are you?

"To fix your mistake before you make it." They said shortly, almost dismissively. "You planned on sending another great shinobi to their death dearest Neko-chan?"

She growled but remained perfectly still. Arisu was still raw from the loss of Asuma.

"And why do you think I'd do that? Don't call me that."

How did they know that?

"You were about to send Jiraiya to Ame correct? If not then I'll have to erase your memories of me. Poor Neko-chan..." The figure sighed.

What are you talking about... she narrowed her eyes at the figure.

"Don't call me that you insolent prick."

They chuckled.

Arisu could feel the mysterious person smirking from underneath their mask.

"My name is Osoi Usagi. Call me Usagi." They bowed dramatically, winking from behind the mask.

"What a...terrifying name." The Senju-Uchiha drawled sarcastically as she wondered why the hell Haku hadn't sensed the mysterious intruder yet.

"I am here to change your life." The masked person grinned as they casually slung an arm around Arisu's shoulder. The Hokage tensed, but did not object. This person was far more dangerous then they let on. Reckless behaviour could end in disaster. "Relax. I won't kill you...maybe a few of your friends but not you." Anyone but her.

Arisu shoved the person away and activated her sharingan.

"That's it! Who the hell are you?!" She growled, eyes blazing a fiery red. "You must be a fool if you think you can waltz into MY office and MY village to threaten people I love. I am the Hokage! You will not leave unscathed if you challenge me!"

This person...isn't with the Akatsuki. Arisu stated calculatedly, they don't seem like it... I don't know why I think that exactly but...

"Sharingan huh..." Usagi nodded as though they had been waiting for it all along. "so this is it...the right one..."

Arisu narrowed her eyes, "What are you...?!"

The figure suddenly grabbed Arisu and pulled her into their chest and embraced her.

"Forget him." They whispered into her ears, "he doesn't love you. He doesn't deserve you."

And in a blink of an eye.

They were gone.

And Arisu was alone.

The hell?

"Hokage-sama!" Haku called as he stormed inside her office along with Kakashi. "I felt a strange presence just now! Are you alright?"

Arisu glanced at Haku then to Kakashi. The adrenaline racing in her veins.

"Y-yeah." She coughed, regaining her composure. "It was nothing." She lied much to her own surprise.

She could handle it alone.

"Increase the frequency of patrols." Arisu told Haku with a solemn expression.

But she wasn't an idiot.

"Kakashi...bring me Tsunade."

From somewhere nearby, she could feel a smirk and a stare lingering on her. Goosebumps sent running along her arms and down he back.

This person...

They were changing everything.

And no know knew it but them.

Sasuke frowned. Something felt amiss...wrong...but he didn't know what? Something was about to happen...he didn't know what.

All he had was a sense of dread that was steadily rising within.

His eyes widened.

Arisu!

Something was about to happen...

And something told him it was going to happen to her.

"Tsunade...if anything happens to me..."

"You will be Hokage."

So I've decided to try something new...y'all know about the different arcs in Naruto right? The movies or the filler arcs? Well, I've had a strand of inspiration in which it's a Naruto movie-like arc except with Arisu involved. This is a test-episode to see if any of my beloved readers are interested in this concept. (It will be relevant in the plot line) Plus, this is the best time for this arc to happen in the story.

Sorry for the long Author's note.

Just felt it was necessary.

Mcho1907.