12| It's trending now!

True enough, I did get a surprise a week later. I was laying around my house after getting discharge when I got a call from Felicia. "Switch On your tv! Your laptop! Look at the latest news!" She sounded so excited. I did what I was told and switch on my laptop. I went to the news page and there were many bold headlines that were eye catching. The headlines were, "Cheating Scandal! Tan Xia Lin and CEO of Multimedia Corporate!", "Titus Zhang broke off with Tan Xia Lin one week prior. Reasons revealed!", "What a s*ut! Tan Xia Lin betrays Young Master Zhang!", "Tan Xia Lin is a gold digger!", "Tan Xia Lin cheated with not one, but many bachelors!", "Tan Xia Lin going into hiding! Lost all her sponsorships!", and many more. As I scroll down to the comments, many netizens lashes out about Xia Lin. They were saying she was a good for nothing and they knew she wasn't right for Titus Zhang at all. One of the comments were saying, "That pretty and innocent facade is just an act. We all got tricked by her."

Without lifting my finger, Tan Xia Lin had already sabotaged herself. I called back Felicia and asked, "What's happening?" "That bitch got her payback! I'm assuming you haven't seen the news on national television. Go watch and I'll keep you updated on a few things later." Click. The line went silent. I was really pleased with what Xia Lin's going through and felt like the amount of humiliation I received from her in my past life was paid back. As I turned on the national news, video clips of news reporters bombard Xia Lin that was coming out from her villa, covered up from head to toe. The news switched over and people were being interviewed about their thoughts on Xia Lin. From Xia Lin's school mates to the employees at the Zhang's company, all of them told how Xia Lin acted innocent and pitiful, framing the others for her mistakes and causing trouble to people she looked down upon. One of her colleagues said, "She always acted high and mighty. And whenever we tried to tell the higher -ups that the mistake was her doing, they didn't believe us. The higher-ups were definitely hypnotised by her acting. All of us in the company suffered a lot because of Xia Lin. From our wages getting cut and demoting our jobs. We truly was overlooked because of her!" Many people raised their stance against Xia Lin. There were almost a riot when people agreed about Xia Lin's crimes during the interview.

The news then switched to a scene where Mrs Josephine Zhang stood at the podium addressing all the news reporter, "I'm here on behalf of the Zhang Family and to give support to my son, Titus. We have to agree that we've all been tricked by Xia Lin. Thankfully, not everyone in the family trusts Xia Lin and Titus already had suspicions about that girl. I have to thank god for everyone who helped to open our eyes to that scheming girl. Our Zhang Family will never welcomed Tan Xia Lin and will never let her get close to us. I repeat, our Zhang Family will never welcomed Tan Xia Lin. I have already warned the other families like the Lou, Peng, Lee and Hong Family to not acquaint themselves with this lowlife." When Mrs Josephine finished her speech, Titus' secretary went up the podium on behalf of Titus. They really did a thorough job in deposing Xia Lin. I was really amazed. This life went off the script compared to my previous life. I always thought Xia Lin would at least get engaged to Titus before her downfall. My phone rings again and of course it was Felicia. "Have you seen the news?!"
"Of course I have."
"It's amazing! She completely bombed herself. I bet she's living in hell now. She lost all her possessions and Titus cut her off. There's not even a penny on her!"
"Whoa. How did you find out?"
"I'm Felicia Lou. There's nothing I can't do. Besides I told you it was going to happen!"
"Right I didn't believe you then. So there must be something that sparked the whole thing off, Yes?"I asked Felicia.
"You're quick on the uptake. Do you know about the stone that Lou and Zhang family had to protect. It went missing ten years ago. It was actually a large piece of jade. And we found out that Xia Lin initially had it all along"
"What do you mean initially?"
"Oh, Xia Lin did possess the stone, however when she found out that the Lou family was after it, she kept it hidden. This was when Titus came in trying to retrieve it back," Felicia narrated.
"So, Titus retrieved it. Right?" I asked curiously.
"That's where it goes downhill. During the Christmas party she held, she brought the stone out. Showing it off to everyone. What she didn't know, was that there were many people from the Lou family that attended her party. It was to keep an eye on her."
"Doesn't that mean you guys hit the nail and could easily retrieve the stone?"
"Yes we thought it was our chance, however, as Xia Lin was cornered by the Lou family and Titus, she threw the stone on the ground," Felicia said solemnly as her anger rises.
"Let me guess. It broke into pieces, didn't it?"
"Yes it did. Titus almost went berserk. Everyone left her. She thought she was smart and maybe she held too much confidence that Titus would forgive her. I don't know."
"Okay she broke it. But that doesn't explain how Titus broke up with her?"
"Well, there was no stone to retrieve. What use is Tan Xia Lin to Titus anyway. The next day, the Lou family did a search on her and brought out any rumours about Tan Xia Lin. Titus on the other hand, had long suspected that Xia Lin had many flings. So both our families orchestrated the whole thing to dispose Xia Lin," Felicia said on the phone.
"Remind me how scary the Lou and Zhang Family is." That made Felicia laugh out loud.
"Babe, you're from the Lee Family."
"Yeah, yeah, I know. So with the stone gone. What's going to happen?" I asked her.
"Well, we have to see. We'll probably consult the priestess in the Nan Mountain during our Big reunion. But we've been trying to find a replacement for the stone, so we can transfer the spiritual energy from the broken pieces into a new vessel."
"Erm, what? Spiritual energy?"
"Yes spiritual energy. I've got no time to explain it to you on the phone. I'll explain it to you when we meet during the Big reunion. Alright?"
"Okay will do, take care. Bye." I ended the call.

There were many mysteries about the Five families. The Zhang, Lou, Lee, Peng and Hong Family had all serve the royal family since ancient times. Who knows what kind of fate held them together?