29| Shooting hearts

The next few days consists of Ethan bringing me out to breakfast, lunch and dinner despite his work schedule. I even questioned his workload once and he told me he was a free spirit and nothing could stop him from bringing me food. If he ever missed a meal time which was rarely, he would compensate by bringing me my favourite desserts. He was truly giving all his efforts to winning me and I was already so close to saying yes to being a couple. The Cupid has started shooting arrow hearts towards me like a rainstorm, and undeniably my heart was swaying.

I was already finishing my last assignment for my semester and I could finally graduate in a few weeks time. Time really flew by and there's no stopping it. Ethan was really excited that I got scouted by JNC Tech International which is a video games related company that had collaborated with Kace's company. I got an offer to work starting next year. Also, Ethan has been following me to all my hospital appointments acting as my PA (personal assistant). The doctors had finally a solution to my illness and will be able to remove the tumour safely.  My surgery would be removed by the end of this year so I'll be able to recuperate and have time to recover before I start my new job. These days, things have been looking up once the burden has left my shoulders.

Currently, I am sitting across Ethan eating a scrumptious Japanese pancake topped with caramel and bananas for brunch. He was having just a plain black coffee and some carrot cake. Ethan couldn't stand really sweet things. He like his desserts to be simple and has a mild taste, like vanilla or green tea. As I was enjoying my pancake, I could feel Ethan's hand on my cheek. "Wait for a moment, you have something there." He uses his thumb to swipe away the whipped cream near my mouth. My heart definitely thumped when he did that. "There I got it," he said with a smirk on his face and then proceeded to lick the cream of his fingers. My face reddened and I can feel the heat up to my neck. "Thanks," I mumbled incoherently trying to compose myself. "Ambar Lee, are you shy?" Ethan teased me. "Wha- No!!" I spluttered our with my face still red and I could feel my cheeks becoming a tomato red. Normally, I wouldn't even blush and now just being near Ethan is making self-conscious. "Aw, come on. We just had an indirect kiss," Ethan teased me even more. "Ethan!!! Shut up," I inaudibly screamed at him and hide my face with my hands. "Alright, alright," he chuckles.

Once I finished my dessert, I just sat there observing Ethan while he spoke on the phone with his clients. The way his eyes crinkle whenever he smiles. The way he looks at me so lovingly. How he let his guard down whenever he's with me or how his emotions shows through his face like a mirror to his soul. Ethan Zhang is a beautiful human. One that broke down my walls without me knowing. One who truly loves me for who I am. Without him, I think I would still remain aloof and cold on the inside. I wouldn't find the real me and become so happy right now. I don't need a lavish lifestyle or a famous reputation. I realised all I need is just someone who supports me in whatever I do. All I need is in this moment is just good food and Ethan. In that moment, I just know that I truly love Ethan. I don't need to become a princess just for love. All I need to become is just me.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Ethan questioned me curiously while I was still in a daze. "I'm not smiling," I said on autopilot still admiring him and grateful how he is integrated into my life.
"Yes, you are."
"No, I'm not." "Yes, you definitely are." "No, I'm not." "Ambar, you are." "Ethan, I love you," I whispered loud enough for him to hear with my hands cupping my mouth as if it was a precious secret to be told in the dark. His body froze and once Ethan had gotten his initial shock, he suddenly got up. The scrapping of the chair could be heard and some heads in the cafe turned towards him. He sat back down softly and with a shaking voice he murmured, "what did you say?"
"You heard me," I acted nonchalantly sipping my tea while my blush was still evidently on my cheeks. He held my hand and with a bright smile on his face he said, "I know. Can you say it again please." I raised my head towards him, hands still holding him and in a gentle voice I repeated, "Ethan, I love you." I could see his eyes watering and his smile unbreakable. He got up from his seat and hugged me like a teddy bear. "Ambar, I love you too," he whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"I know," I whispered back like we shared the same secret. Once we were out of the cafe hand in hand walking towards Ethan's car, he abruptly stopped and turned towards me. He brought my hand towards his lips and kissed it. "Ambar, you've just made my day." That made me smile and I felt invincible.