34| Sequel 1: To our happy days

The soft light peeping from the small gap of the curtains felt comforting. I felt like a cat lazing on a warm afternoon, while I was still tucked into the bed. From the kitchen, I could hear the soft sizzling. From the peaceful atmosphere, I decided to go back to sleeping. There was no problem in getting more shuteye. After a few minutes, there was rustling and the sound of footsteps. "Love, how long are you going to continue sleeping?" I could hear Ethan softly reprimanding me. The blankets were pulled and I tugged it even harder for the warmth to remained. Instead of getting more sleep like I wished, I began a tug of war with Ethan using my blanket. Sadly, my triumph was soon squashed as Ethan being the gentleman he was, pulled my blanket completely off me. The hint of sarcasm mixed with my childishness was apparent as I am not a morning person. "Come on, I made breakfast, don't you want a bite?" Ethan spoke to me softly like he was dealing with a child. "Nooooo.... I don't wanna leave the bed," I mumbled still trying to keep my eyes closed. "But I made you favourite. It's pancakes, eggs and bacons." I peeked my eyes over to him, seeing him already pouting like a puppy. An arrow shot straight to my heart with how cute Ethan was being. "Goshhh, how could you do this to so early in the morni....ng," I yawned. "It's almost half past twelve love," he said gently while patting my head. I covered the pillow on my head. After a few moments, food won me over as my stomach growled loudly. I could hear the sound of chuckling. "Fine," I poured.

"But first I need my recharge," Ethan said as he pulled me up and pecked me on the lips as usual. We started living together a few months ago, once I had started my new job. He complained that we could hardly be together and we easily gotten an okay from both our families as we're already engaged. Still thinking about having this man in my life is still like a dream. I can't believe the amount of times he made me feel like my heart could explode just with smile. I faced the wall while I thought about this. He could be the death of me instead of the curse. The curse, was mostly lifted as they found a new replacement to contain the King's spirit. "Mostly" because it still needs time for the spirit to stabilised in a new environment, so I'm still not out of the clear. This was why Ethan would still be so overprotective of me. Like a bear trying not to lose its precious fish. I laughed out loud when imagined Ethan as a bear. "What are you still standing there for? Ambar~"

"Oh sorry, I'm still half-asleep," I smiled cheekily. The aroma of the food instantly woke me up and my hunger grew. Ethan mostly do the cooking in the house, since I absolutely suck at it. He love to tease me how I could not even fry an egg. "You have a day off, right?" Ethan asked me. "Yeap, why? I mean my schedule's pretty flexible, I could even work at home if I wanted. So what's up?" I pointed my chopsticks at Ethan. Seems like something's up. "Yeah, I know, but you're a workaholic. Even if you work at home, you don't pay me any attention. But your work's important to you, so I don't want to disturb you."

"Sorry," I guiltily apologised. "No, it's fine. I just want to make sure that your schedule is going to be free for the whole day."

"Hmmm~ I finished everything yesterday, so it's completely free," I said as I first pumped into the air. "Well that's good, cuz' we're gonna go on a date," he smiled dazzlingly making me see flowers behind as the backdrop. My fork almost fell on the floor. "When did you plan this?" I asked him already feeling excited. "Over a week ago?"

"Where are we going," I asked like a child. "We're going to your favourite place! Take a guess," he smiled at me. "I know! I know! The sea!" I acted like a kid while I'm in my PJs. "Bingo!" Ethan put out a hand gun to match my excitement. "Also, we're going to the flower field on the way."

"I'll get ready~~"

"Don't run, you'll trip," Ethan said while chuckling. It's been a while we had time by ourselves. It's going to be a great day today ♥️ just like everyday.