1

Hi, I'm Park Heeji, freshman book worm, teacher's pet and baseball enthusiast.
Of course, you probably know my brother much better... The Park Jaebum, senior party animal, residential fuckboy and captain of the baseball team.
I love him and I love spending time with him...I'd love it a whole lot more if he wasn't so damn popular. Everyone knowing him and loving him makes it difficult for us to have our quality sibling time together. The solution to this? Become the baseball team's manager...but it's a boys team. This isn't an anime. A girl can't be their manager. Apparently this is an anime because it was as simple as walking into the coach's office and saying that I want to be the manager.
Our parents weren't really jazzed about me taking up an activity that is gonna take me away from my studies but I reminded them that I can't stay in my room studying all the time. I am a young girl with a life and wants outside of a perfect GPA, which I have maintained pretty well since being manager.
The only draw back to being manager is I have to operate on their hours
6 am practice and 5 pm practice is my life now. Why I need to be there is beyond me. I also have to have an athletic period which is equally ridiculous but oh well.

"Heeji!" I heard my brother yell in the morning. I groaned and rolled out of bed. "Coach is gonna kill us if I am late because of you again!" I heard my brother yell louder, coming down the hall. "You have 5 minutes!" He yelled outside of my door.
I rolled out of bed, grumbling lots of swears directed at my brother.
I changed into my school uniform and walked across the hall to my bathroom.
I combed my hair and threw it into a messy bun. I brushed my teeth while humming a song my brother's best friend, Chase, showed me the other day.
I washed my face and smiled at myself in the mirror. "Have I always looked this good?" I smiled enthusiastically, walking out of my bathroom only to be spooked by Jay
"Why do you talk to your reflection like that every morning?" He asked me. "Why do you eavesdrop on me while I'm in the bathroom every morning?" I asked, walking past him and downstairs to the kitchen.
"Good morning y'all!" Chase yelled, inviting himself into our house. "Good morning Chase who still doesn't have a car." I dragged my feet to the kitchen. "Running on fumes?" Chase asked Jay in reference to my poor additude and posture.
Jay wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed the top of my head repeatedly. "She can't handle morning practice every day!" Jay laughed. "Let me go!" I whined as his picked me up off of the ground, squeezing me tighter and tighter.
"Jaaaay!" I yelled, desperately wanting to be put down.
He finally let go and smiled at me. "You awake now?" He giggled. I only sneered at my brother in disgust as I went to the cabinet to get my breakfast.
"For the record Heeji, I have a car. Walking here and riding with you and Jay is easier and better for the environment though." Chase explained to me and I slowly chewed on a protein bar that tasted like ass.
"Where are mom and dad? I thought they didn't leave until tommorow." "Their trip got bumped up a day.
"You know when they're gonna be back?" I asked, still munching on my gross protein bar. "They didn't say. Mom said they were gonna try to take some time off work and go to Hawaii for their second honeymoon." "Didn't they go to Hawaii for their first honeymoon?" "No, they went to Jamaica."
I pulled a box of cereal out of the pantry and went to pour some into plastic bag that Jay had sitting out on the table. The box was empty though. I tossed it over my shoulder, jerked around and kicked it into the living room. "Easy tiger. That wasn't the last of our frosted flakes." Jay said with a questionable look on his face. "Is it so hard to throw a box away when it's empty?" I huffed. "Maybe I was saving it to recycle." Jay looked at me with a deadpan face. "Don't you care about the environment at all?" Chase asked me, shaking his head. "Insert SpongeBob meme. DOn't YoU cARe aBOUT tHe eNVIormEnt." I said in a mocking tone. "Why you gotta bring memes into the argument?" Jay looked a little hurt.
I walked to the pantry again and got a box that hadn't been opened yet. I filled my plastic bag up and began aggresivly chewing on my dry cereal.
"Come on you two. We still need to pick up Solomon and Minsik." Jay clapped, rushing out the door. "More upperclassmen without cars." I huffed, taking my cereal to go. "The environment Heeji! The environment!" Chase looked at me in disbeleif. "Upperclassmen with no cars." I repeated, ignoring Chase completely.
I sat in the front passenger seat and plugged the aux cord into my phone. Chase held my door open, smiling at me tenderly. "Heeji, move." He said in a sweet tone. "No." I matched his sweet tone. "Senior rules." "This isn't your car." "It's not yours either. "Chase, back seat." Jay spoke up. Chase smacked his lips and got in the back seat. "Do you really expect me, Solomon and Minsik to fit back here? We're some big boys." Chase said in a more than serious tone. "You will be fine. Minsik isn't that big." "Heeji better not play any trash." Chase mumbled, sinking into the back seat.
We stopped at Minsik's house first and he immediately questioned why I was in the front seat and why bubblegum bitch by Marianna and the diamonds was playing. "Get in before we're late for practice." Jay groaned. "This is wrong on so many levels isn't it?" Chase complained to Minsik. "I'm more confused by the music. Why isn't he stopping it?" Minsik asked Chase. I glanced over at my brother who was quietly singing along. "Because he's a bubblegum bitch." Chase sighed. We picked Solomon up and he laughed when he saw that he had to sit in the back. "Come on. My legs are to long." "Oh my God. If we are late for practice and coach gets onto me, I'm making everyone run extra laps." Jay gripped the steering wheel tightly. Solomon smacked his lips and got in the back without another word.

Author's Note
Okay like I said before, I want the book to be updated on an unlockable basis. I want to encourage more activity on my books. I want people who really enjoy my work to earn it (I felt like an asshole typing that out woah but anyways) so I think to get chapter 2, is like to see this chapter at 15 reads... Idk I'll play by ear if I post the next one at 10 or 15 reads.
I love you and stay dope💫🕶