12

After coming out to everyone, excluding mom and dad, I really figured things would change for me. Aside from almost being assaulted in the locker room, things were very ordinary. Everyone subtly flirted with me as always and I didnt think anything of it and Jay thought far to much of it.

We were on the bus, on the way to a far away game when I was scrolling through pictures of myself while everyone else seemed to be resting. Displeased was an understatement in reference to how I saw myself. I came across a full body picture of myself attempting to flex a rather fire outfit and pouted upon micro analyzing it. I suppose Harry noticed and made a comment about my sour expression. "Why so glum chum?" He asked me from across the isle. "Hm? Oh nothing." I sighed, swiping vigorously to get away from my selfies and into my meme collection. "I didn't mean for you to hear that. I'm sorry." Harry smiled widely, like he just told me a joke. "What?" I was lost. "I figured you heard me fart and that's why you looked so upset." Harry giggled. I looked at him in disgust. "No that's not why I'm upset." I swiped through my meme collection, hoping I did a good enough job in inviting Harry into my problems. "Well what's going on then?" His face softened. I shook my head and locked my phone. I noticed Harry look around the bus then move into the seat I was sharing with myself. "Wanna talk about it? I'm a great listener." Harry was persistent. "Its dumb. I'll be okay." "Are you sure? I wouldn't ask if I didnt care." I sighed, knowing he wouldn't leave me alone until I started feeling better. "I'm just being really hard on myself. That's all." "Oh. Are your grades slipping or something?" "No...I think I'm getting fat." I admited. "Heeji. Come on now. You are not fat." Harry was displeased with me. "Ugh yes I am! Look at this!" I whined unlocking my phone and scrolling to find a picture of my body. "Heeji, I'm not sure what you want me to say but you are not fat." Harry remained persistent. "I have a roll on my back." I whispered, going through an absolute shitstorm in my head. "Oh nooo." Harry faked agreeing with me. "Heeji, you look fine. So what if you have a roll on your back. You dont have multiple chins, your stomach doesn't hang over your jeans and you don't have heart problems so I dont know what your problem is." Harry was being perfectly rational and I didnt like it. "I have a double chin when I look at my phone." I wanted to prove my point." Harry smacked his lips and threw his head down to look at his lap. "I do too. Am I fat too?" "...no." I groaned in defeat. "Quit calling yourself fat. You are fine and if you have a problem, quit complaining and just do something about it. Remember you're beautiful, okay?" Harry didnt let me answer and moved back to his seat, leaving me to blush at his comment.
We arrived at the school we'd be playing at and I walked to check in with my team. "Cheer squad sits in the bleachers with other spectators." The guy at check told us. "Okay." Coach said, not really caring since it didnt apply to us. "She cant come on to the field." The check in guy pointed at me, slightly annoyed. "Managers go in the dugout. This isnt our 1st game." Coach huffed. "And isnt mine either. Chear squad goes to the bleachers." The check in guy huffed back at Coach. Coach groaned and grabbed our team roster and circled my name and position several times. "We have a female manager! This has never been a problem before!" Coach slammed the clipboard down. The check in guy took the clipboard from Coach and examined it closely and looked around for help. "Is this allowed?" He asked someone in passing. "If she's on the roster, she's on the team." "Sorry about that sir." The check in guy apologized to Coach. "I'm not the one you owe an apology to." Coach rolled his eyes before patting me on the back, signalling for me to walk forward. I walked on, side by side with Coach and Jay, proud to be on the team.

As everyone stretched on the field, getting ready for the game, I went around making sure everyone knew the lineup and checking if anyone needed anything. Coach handed me a small cooler with wheels and an extendable handle and a wad of cash and asked me to get water and ice from the concession stand. I did as I was told and had got the water and ice. On my way back, several boys from the opposing team approached me. "Would you like some help with that?" "Is this for you and your cheer squad?" "No thank you and I'm the manager." "Awe they're managed by a girl. How cute." "What's the difference between a Male and female manager?" I asked, kinda put off by their comment. "Guys know what they're doing. Girls dont know anything about sports." "Come find me after we win and tell me that again." They officially had me mad. Nothing like good ole fashioned sexism to get your blood boiling.
I stormed back to the field and told Jay we had to win no matter what. "Whyre you so mad?" Woojae asked in passing. "I am no cheerleader! I work hard to manage this team!" "Nobody said you didn't Heeji." Jay tried calming me down. "Everyone here has insinuated sexism and has tried reducing me to some cheering fangirl on the sidelines." I pouted. "Poor baby." Solomon wrapped his arm around the crown of my head and rocked me back and forth. "I'm serious!" I whined, shoving Solomon away from me. "Tell you what Heeji. If we win, I'll let you make flip the opposing team off." Ciach patted me on the shoulder.