15

"Crazy what Jewook did huh?" Harry asked me on our walk home. "I didnt think he had it in him honestly." "Right? He loves us all to much to not stick up for us though." Harry locked his hands behind his head. "I sure hope they're okay back there." I sighed, feeling guilty. "Itll be okay Heeji. Jewook knows what he's doing." "I wonder if Jay is home." I said quietly. "He brings grown women home to sleep with them?" Harry seemed shocked. "Normally no... but Mom and Dad have been gone for a couple days now." "They just dissapeared randomly?" "For work, yeah." "Hmm, convenient." Harry didn't question it any further. "I wish my parents would go away for a few days so I could bring a cute girl home... or meet a cute girl who's parents disappear randomly." Harry half smiled. "I would say you know one but I'm not that cute." I said blandly. "Ya!" Harry flicked me in the forehead. "Ow!" I cried out, tears welling up in my eyes. "Quit calling yourself ugly." He said sternly. "Make me!" I screamed, sniffling back my tears. "I'll flick you in the forehead again." "Asshole." I mumbled, rubbing my forehead and glaring at Harry.
We arrived at my house and Harry seemed to want to stay. "I just really don't feel comfortable leaving you by yourself just yet." "Okay dad." I rolled my eyes, letting Harry inside. "Don't call me dad. Thats weird." Harry cringed.
"Why weren't you scared at the restraunt? It was pretty clear they were after you." "I had all of you to protect me." "What if we weren't there though?" "It would have been hands on sight then." I held my fist up. Harry rolled his eyes. "You cried when I flicked you in the forehead." Harry reminded me. "I don't know which is worse... me crying or you not caring that you made me cry." I fake pouted. "Love yourself once in awhile and maybe people wouldn't make you cry so easily." Harry shrugged, making himself comfortable in the living room. "Seriously?" I asked in disbelief. "Seriously. Self love is a virtue." Harry said. "How does one love themselves?" I sat close to him but not to close. Harry laughed. "I don't know Heeji. I kinda wanna die sometimes." He very clearly sounded sad but smiled regardless. "Harry." I spoke slowly. "That's my name." He sighed. "I'm glad we're friends." I let my head fall back. "Why's that?" "I'm hally there's someone out there who feels the way I feel." "How do we feel Heeji?" "Sad and unsure of ourselves...kinda miserable honestly but only in private...so we dont worry everyone around us..." "Couldn't have said it better myself." Harry copied my posture.
Me and Harry just sat there in silence for a while. It was like comfortable silence, like a time of reflection. It was like therapy almost. I dont know about Harry but I felt destressed after our silence was broken. "Can I suggest something to you Heeji?" "What's up?" "Go on a date with someone." "With who?" I laughed. "I dunno. Anybody. I think you need to be appreciated outside of the dugout. Meet a nice boy or girl and just vibe with them. Take yourself away from all that responsibility and stress for a day and just feel appreciated." Hatry stood up like he was gonna leave. "Will that fix me?" "It'll help I bet." "Take your own advice." "Touchè" I earned a small chuckle out of Harry before he told me "I'll find someone to appreciate me when you find someone to appreciate you." Harry walked to the door. "Harry, I appreciate you." Harry stopped in his tracks for a moment and continued out without a word.
After our little vibe session, I didnt feel sad or anything like that. I felt understood. I have a lot of insecurities and dont always feel 100% and it felt good to have those feelings validated instead of being shamed for them or having someone trying to talk me out of feeling that way.
It's certainly no way to live but sometimes to move past something, you have to accept it.