14

We made it back home and all went out to eat as per tradition. We all changed clothes and met up at a burger place.
It was fun and light hearted. Other patrons congratulated us on the win and our waitress flirted heavily with Jay. After a few not so subtle hints at her interest in my brother and her fake barfing in the bathroom, her boss sent her home and Jay followed, leaving me with the guys. "How does he do that?" Minsik pouted. "What?" Hwimin questioned absently. "Everywhere we go... and I mean literally everywhere, women throw themselves at him." Minsik huffed. "Maybe...just maybe it's because he's legal." Solomon suggested. "Why are you complaining anyway? Don't you have a collection of bras?" Woojae laughed. Minsik's cheeks tinged with red and his eyes grew large. "Not in front of Heeji!" Minsik whined. "Wish I had a bra collection." I mumbled. "Fuckin weirdos man." Jarv cringed at me. "Hey Chase." Jewook hushed all of us and got our vice captain's attention. "You recognize those guys that just walked in?" Chase looked and nodded. It was some of the guys from the team we beat. The guys all moved tables to be closer and Jewook moved me to a booth with him Chase, Solomon and Harry and made me sit in the corner seat. "You little trouble maker." Solomon shook his head at me. "What did I do?" I got defensive. "Hurt their pride." Jewook sighed. "Oh wow H1ghr High. What're you guys...and girl doing here?" One of the guys asked, walking up to our booth. Jewook moved to block me from view. "Enjoying a meal in our hometown. What're yall doing here?" Chase asked them, remaining calm. "Heard a lot of good things about this place." He shrugged. "Thanks for the tax dollars to the city. Don't you have a table to sit at yet?" Jarv spoke up from the booth behind me. "Ease up. We just wanted to say hi." "Well you said it. So bye." Kyujung huffed. "Wish we had a pretty girl to eat with. Heeji right?" The guy winked at me before leaving to their table right across the isle from us. "Haon." Chase called for our youngest, keeping an eye on the other team. "Go ask the waitress if she can move them away from us. Tell her they're making Heeji uncomfortable." Chase sighed. "They wanna fight don't they?" Danny asked. "Why else would they be here?" Harry sighed, his leg bouncing, making the loose change in his pocket rattle.
"Hey Heeji!" The guys from the other teamed hollered for me. I ignored them. "Ditch the flower boys and come party with some real men!" They taunted. "Flower boys?! Bitch I will knock you out!" Danny yelled, hurt by the comment. "Danny!" Jewook scolded him.
The hollering and taunting continued even after the waitress moved them across the restraunt. We remained mature and ignored them, enjoying our food and company. Haon excused himself to the restroom. "I dont want you going alone. I have a weird feeling. Jarv, sit next to Heeji please." Jewook said, excusing himself to go with Haon.
Jewook was right to go with Haon. They entered the restroom and a handful of guys from the other team followed. "Surely they aren't gonna try to throw down in the restroom." Ted said. "I get the feeling that's not to far fetched. Why else would they have not left yet?" Chase groaned, keeping an eye and an ear on the restroom. "You and your big mouth Heeji." Jarv said to me in disapproval. "Coach gave me the green light to have a big mouth and they harassed me. They got what was coming to them." I crossed my arms, sinking further into my corner.
Haon and Jewook came back from the restroom and sat down like everything was fine. Haon was fine but Jewook clearly was not. His left eye was purple, his lip was busted, his clothes were wrinkly and sloppy looking, his hair was a mess and he avoided eye contact with everyone. We all looked to Haon for an explanation. "They tried jumping us and Jewook beat all of them up." Haon spoke like a child. "Jewook. There were like 3 of them. Are you crazy?" "They weren't about to hurt Haon. Someone has to make this world a better place and he can't do that from a hospital bed." Jewook said before calling the police. "Somebody please take Heeji home. I dont want her here." Harry opted to walk me home while everyone else keeps the other team there until the cops arrived.