11

"What is this supposed to mean? Not here anymore? Why not?" Jisung immediately asked and Changbin realized his mistake.

"He stopped coming to school a while ago.."

"But why?"

"It's nothing.."

Changbin looked down and avoided eye contact with Jisung. Jisung knew that Changbin wouldn't tell him, so he just accepted it for the moment. They kindly declined the offer to sit with them as Felix thought that Jisung was not ready for that yet. Changbin left and Jisung and Felix spent the time together. Felix tried to change the topic, but his friend wouldn't stop thinking about Minho, it was obvious.

"Felix?" Jisung asked after being quiet for a long time.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go to them during the next break?"

Felix sighed "You're really curious now aren't you?"

Jisung just quickly shook his head up and down as a reply. Felix wasn't too sure whether this was a good idea, but he wouldn't be able to hold back Jisung anyways, so he said yes.

Time passed and when the break started, Jisung quickly approached Jeongin and asked whether he and Felix could sit with him and his friends.

"Of course!" Jeongin said and smiled at the older ones. He went and the two boys followed. When they arrived and sat down, Changbin was obviously feeling uncomfortable. After some minutes Jisung had finally gathered his courage and asked the boys about Minho. No one replied at first, but after sighing once, Changbin eventually started talking.

"You're going to find out anyways. He told us he didn't want to cause any more trouble and said he'd just hurt you if you see him here, so he stopped coming."

Jisung stood up and hit the table with his fist "That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while! He kept calling me weak when it's actually him who's weak! How dare he just walk away and-"

"Yo, Jisung.. calm down for now." Felix said and pulled his friend back to his seat.

The people around were already staring, but Jisung didn't care at all. He was mad at Minho, maybe. Maybe he was mad at himself. Maybe he wanted to see Minho. Maybe it was good that Minho wasn't there. Maybe.. Jisung didn't know. He stood up again and ran away.

"I apologize for him." Felix said before running after his friend. After some minutes Felix caught up to Jisung and they both sat down.

"I hate him." Jisung said while trying to catch his breath.

Felix then patted his back "Sure you do."

"Who does he think he is? How does he know he'd hurt me? I should just pull him back here.."

"Jisung.. mate.. I know you're mad, but please calm down before doing anything."

Jisung hid his face between his knees and started sobbing. Felix gave him a tight hug and told him that everything would be alright.

Time passed and Hyunjin approached them. He sat down in front of them and waited for them to pay attention to him. When they finally did, they were confused to see him there.

"What do you want?" Jisung said and wiped away some tears.

"I came to talk.. about Minho."

"What about this idiot?"

"Okay, listen closely. I'm not supposed to tell you this, so I'm going to just say it once." Hyunjin took one deep breath and continued talking afterwards "You already heard what Changbin said, but that's not the whole story. He needs money for his mother. She's sick, you probably already know that. Anyways, he used to do not really legal jobs to get the money. At some point he suddenly didn't want to do this anymore. He said he wanted to earn real and fair money so he started working instead of going to school. Yes, he wanted to stay away from you, but he also wanted to become a better person. And to tell you the whole truth, I'm pretty sure none of us had talked to him for a while now. He cut off all the contact to us, I'm not even sure whether he's still alive. He wouldn't even let us visit him. He basically left everything and everyone behind to start over again."

Jisung looked at the floor. He was not sure what to think of all of this.

"I'm sorry." he finally mumbled "It's all my fault."

"That was not what I was trying to say! No one thinks it's your fault!" Hyunjin then said while moving his arms through the air.

When school ended, Jisung had already build up a plan.

"Sorry Felix, I have something to do. I'll come later."

Felix already sensed something and asked his friend whether he really shouldn't go along with him. Jisung said that it'll be fine and left.

Jisung went straight over to where Minho lived.

author's note:
hi there
sorry for updating so late. it's just that my new phone didn't show me the whole chapter and i thought that it was probably still on my old one so i am uploading it from there. also, sorry in case any of you got a notification saying i uploaded a part. i accidentally published chapter 14 while copying it because i was scared it might get deleted.

ALSO thanks for reading like wow so many people are reading this i'm honored