12

-I guess i should add a trigger warning here? This chapter includes scenes dealing with suicide (how do you even say this?)-

When Jisung arrived at Minho's home, he repeatedly knocked against the door. He did see a silhouette passing by inside, but no one opened the door. Jisung then wrote something on a small paper and put it on the floor right before the door. He took a small stone and put it above the paper, so it wouldn't fly away. Disappointed but not surprised Jisung then left and went back to Felix. From then on, he tried to play over how worried he actually was. He thought he should pretend that everything was fine.

From then on, every day felt the same to Jisung. He went to school and went back to what he called home. Every once in a while, when he went grocery shopping for Felix and himself he would pass by Minho and leave another note. He didn't try to knock as he knew that no one would open anyways. Jisung started to feel worse as nothing seemed to change. He felt useless and thought of himself as the reason everything was falling apart. For his friend's sake, he wouldn't show how bad he felt. He would pretend that he was feeling a lot better. Days passed by. Weeks passed by. Jisung wanted to at least know how Minho was feeling. He wanted to at least talk to him for once. Everything was the same and at one point Jisung just couldn't take it anymore.

He went to where Minho lived, but instead of just leaving a note there, he knocked at the door with all his strength and shouted for Minho to open the door. Nothing. Jisung took out a piece of paper and a pen and started to write a letter. While writing the words down, Jisung started to tear up. When he finished the letter, he placed a stone on it and left the place, just like he usually would. But something was different this time. He didn't went back to Felix, no, he went to another direction. He kept walking until he stood on a fairly high bridge. He just stood there and looked down. Water. Deep and cold water. Jisung slowly approached the barrier and sat down on it. He looked at his phone. 11:11PM. Jisung was wondering whether he should let Felix know. Shouldn't he at least say goodbye? Felix was his best friend after all. After unlocking his phone, Jisung then wrote a simple 'Goodbye' to Felix and sended it. Now he had nothing left to do. He looked down the bridge again. It was dark and suddenly Jisung felt his skin getting wet. It started to rain. All Jisung saw was water. He thought he should just jump already. What was he waiting for? It was not like someone would care anyways. Jisung took a deep breath when suddenly his phone started making noises. He looked at the display. 'Unknown'. Why would an unknown number text him now? Jisung thought he had enough time, so he took his phone and opened the message.

Unknown number
Please help me!

'Please help me!'? Who would send him such a text? And why now all of sudden? Was there really someone out there needing Jisung's help? Maybe they had the wrong number? Maybe there really was something Jisung had to help with? But who would ask him for help? Why him? He was about to end it all and now they suddenly need help? Now? Couldn't they need him a bit earlier? Jisung was confused, but after some minutes of thinking, he decided that the person probably accidentally texted him. His phone sent him another notification.

Unknown number
Please.. Jisung

Jisung? They knew his name? Maybe they really meant to text him? But why would they? Jisung felt useless. How could he help them? He would only cause troubles. He didn't believe he could help them. Until this day, he never helped anyone. Why should something change right then? Jisung didn't believe them. He didn't believe in himself.

Jisung
Sorry, I can't help you.

He sent the message and threw his phone into the water. He looked at it flying. He couldn't see much as it was dark, but he knew the phone was somewhere down there. Deep in the water. He wanted to follow. Now he had nothing left. Even his last piece of hope just fell into the water. Once again Jisung took a deep breath. He heard one or two cars passing by. He heard the rain getting heavier. He heard himself crying. He opened his eyes and looked down again. Water. That was where he wanted to go now. He stood up and now held onto the barrier and leaned slightly forward. Just one last step.

"HAN JISUNG!" Was the last thing he heard. He let go off the barrier.

Author's note:
I wasn't sure whether going into this direction with my story was a good decision but somehow I ended up writing this so-
Anyways this book has over 1k reads and over 100 votes and is currently #1 in minsung and wow this is making me so happy thanks everyone 🥺💓