Chapter 2- Shocked

Mia's P.O.V.

   "Mia and Aaron, you two will be married in 3 months!" Caroline said happily. The crowd cheered. My eyes went wide. Aaron... Aaron did nothing. On the outside I was simply shocked. On the inside I was screaming. I didn't know what Aaron was thinking but I was not happy. The last I saw of Aaron before this was when I was 12. We didn't even talk much then. We were practically strangers who occassionaly saw each other on magazines. That was it. Why in the world am I being engaged to Aaron Cox? A boy I haven't had a a conversation with for more than 30 minutes. I stumbled down the stairs still shocked.
   "Mother. Why in the world am I engaged to Aaron Cox?" I juted my thumb in his direction.
   "I will tell on the car ride home. Just stay here. Eat. Make small talk. And then we will leave." I nodded my head and sat down. I ordered my food along with everybody else and began eating once everyone got their food. My parents talked with Aaron's parents as him and I exchanged a few glances. After the food I made my way to the limo. Once we started driving I instantly 'burst.'
   "Ok answer my question!" I slightly yelled.
   "We are merging companies. As you know we have our own company along with our acting career. The one your brother took over. Well the Cox family has that situation as well. Anyway Mrs. Cox and I were talking and we though it would be a good idea to merge companies. Make ours bigger and number 1. We both agreed an arranged marraige was appropraite. There is a contract you must sign stating that you will be married to Aaron for a year and then you may divorce or do whatever you like afterwards. However you must remain married for the full year. Understand?" I nodded. It made sense. This stuff happened a lot. Companies merging through marraige in a contract. And while I was kind of ok with this I thought that it was unfair. At first I don't get to choose my job and now my husband! It was so frustrating. But I had to go along with it.
   "Oh good. We are here." My father stated as we pulled up the curved driveway. I got out instantly and went to my room where Anna was waiting.
   "Oh hello Anna. What are you doing here? You should be sleeping." I looked at the clock. It was midnight.
   "I still have to take out your hair and take off your makeup." I smiled and sat down. Anna started carefully taking out that bun. She brushed out my hair and then took off my makeup. She walked out and I continued to look in the mirror. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't do it. I didn't want this. I wanted to choose my own husband. I didn't want this to end up like my job. I wiped my tears away and got in my pajamas. I got in bed and read my book.

Aaron's P.O.V.

   "Mia and Aaron you two will be married in 3 months!" My mom yelled happily into the microphone. I was shocked but I didn't show it. It wasn't a bad shocked, it was a good one. I liked Mia. She was beautiful, funny, and was always calm. When doing interviews and the person asks her a rude or personal question she always finds a way to answer it without shouting or getting mad or revealing anything.
I looked over to her. Mia's eyes were wide in shock and I could tell she didn't want this. I wanted to lower my head but I left the stage and walked over to my friend.
   "Yo Aaron! Good job dude. You got a babe!" Jared yelled. He was slightly drunk. That was how Jared was. When he went to a bar you knew you wouldn't get out ok. You would be walking out with a drunk Jared in your arms. He always referred to girls as babes. I tell you he has had more girlfriends than I can count. At one moment he is making out with a girl and the next he is drinking with another.
   "I don't know about that. She didn't seem too excited."
   "Ok come on! She'll fall for you eventually. Just like Amy!" I rolled my eyes at my ex girlfriend's name. I broke up with Amy after I realized how much of a gold digger she was. Amy was a spoiled brat only after money. She was also very clingy. We broke up a few days ago but she didn't seem to get the point. She found me everywhere but I don't know how. Thank God she wasn't here.
   "Don't mention her name. She wasn't after me. She was after money."
   "Oh whatever. Look dude I have to head out of here. Lola is waiting and won't be happy if I come home really drunk. I am already drunk enough." I laughed as he walked out. Jared knew he was drunk but still he would continue to drink. He knew it annoyed his girlfriend Lola but he still did it sometimes. Lola however was a girlfriend of his that I was sure he would marry. Lola had been with him for a few years. The longest time he had a girlfriend. I walked over to my parents that were talking to Mr. and Mrs. Thompson.
   "Hello mother. I am leaving. Can you make sure that the contract gets to Mia tomorrow?" I asked her. I live on my own in my penthouse. It was big and modern and away from my parents.
   "Oh yes of course darling. Have a nice night." I nodded and walked out to my limo. It was black and simple but it was what I used. I got in and headed home. Instead of getting into pajamas I just got in bed and fell asleep hoping that Mia wouldn't be too mad about the contract.

Hey everyone. Ok so this was a filler chapter sort of that will lead into the next one. I will try to use Aaron's perspective more. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I hope you are enjoying this story I will try to write more ASAP. Bye!