Chapter 5: The Dream

(You May Play The Music Whenever You Like, Playing It Now Is Recommended Though)

-=Ink's POV=-

I stood near the edge of a bridge. My surroundings were quiet as I stared into the swirling water below. Loud sobs suddenly filled the air. I looked up and to my left to see a dark figure standing near the edge just a few feet away from me. I slowly started to walk towards them, hoping to comfort them. I tried to ask them what was wrong, but I couldn't say a word. Then, without warning, they

J U M P E D.

I stared in shock as they plunged into the rushing water below. Without thinking, I jumped after them. As soon as I touched the water, though, I was surrounded with darkness. I couldn't see, and all I heard where the persons wails of despair growing softer and softer. I tried swimming up, tried escaping the suffocating darkness, but I was frozen. I started loosing my breath, my mind turning hazy. Then it all went quiet.

I bolted upright in my bed, choking. I panicked and fell off my bed with a crash, gasping for air. After a few minutes of lying on the floor, I finally got my breath back. I shakily got up and sat on my bed, dazed and amazed that I didn't wake anyone up. I glanced at my clock, it's 3:12? Why was I up- oh...

My mind wandered back to that weird nightmare. Who was that person? Why did they jump? Where they crying because of me? I shook my head, these were questions I would never be able to answer, that was the truth. Another painfully obvious truth was that I was getting much worse. Maybe I can find some sort of medicine or something to help me...

I got up and walked to my door, slowly opening it and stepping out into the dark hallway, being careful not to make a sound. I slowly felt my way to the bathroom, stepped inside and closed the door behind me. I then flicked on the light and proceeded to raid the medicine cabinet.

~Timeskip To Morning~

-=Dream's POV=-

I sleepily made my way downstairs and to the kitchen, stretching and trying to wake myself up.

"Morning Dream!"

I jumped at Ink's voice, not expecting him to be awake and downstairs.

"Oops, sorry Dream, I didn't mean to scare you.." He said sheepishly.

"Its fine.. at least you woke me up.." I said, rubbing at my eye sockets.

~Timeskip To School~

-=Dream's POV=-

"Something's definitely up with Ink, I mean, his been avoiding me ever since this morning..." I said, scanning the school yard.

It was currently break time, and I was sitting under a tree next to Cross. I was trying to find Ink, seeing as both our grades have break at the same time. And since we are at school, he won't be able to lock himself in his room to avoid me.

"Isn't that him over there?" Cross asked, pointing to Ink, who was sitting on the steps to the school. A cheery Blueberry was sitting next to him, and they appeared to be having a conversation, though, Blue seemed to do most of the talking.

"Yeah...." I said getting up, "I'll be right back.."

I started walking to my friends, determined to figure out what the heck was up with Ink. Of course, the bell rings before I get to them, and we are forced to go back to out separate grades.

~

-=Ink's POV=-

It's been a week since I had that odd nightmare, but it isn't just the nightmare that's confusing me now, though, its the fact that I've been having that same nightmare every night.

Every night, I would have that stupid nightmare, Every morning, I would wake up suffering, Every day, I would avoid my friends and pretend to be all fine and happy, Everyday, I would lock myself in my room to sort through random medications I found. Then I would have to go to sleep, and the cycle would repeat itself.

Until Friday.

It was art class, my favorite class, and I was zoned out, half listening to the teacher talk about surrealism, half wondering about my dream. But I immediately perked up when the teacher said we were going to do a surrealism art project. For once this week, I actually felt genuinely excited. That was before she said we would have to work in pairs...

"Now class, I have already chosen your partners, so pay attention to what I say"

Despite what the teacher said, I spaced out until heard my name.

"Ink, you're paired with Error." She stated, then continued reading other pairings.

I looked across the room and locked eyed with Error, who, no offense, had zero artistic capabilities. Well... this was certainly going to be interesting...

~

A/N:

Can you guys guess who the mystery dream person is?

Probably not....

Also, So sorry everyone, the first version of this chapter got DELETED so I needed to re-write it. ;-;