Chapter 20: The trip.

(Alternative Title: 'We're Goin on a Trip~'
Sorry, I had to :3)

[Another Month Passes]

-=Ink's POV=-

  I sighed quietly, absentmindedly doodling in the corner of the worksheet I had finished 15 minutes ago. Even though this was our last class of the day, our teacher wasn't letting the one's who finished leave, and I was bored as heck.

  "Alright class." The teacher finally said, "I have an announcement to make."

  Immediately I perked up, all of my attention on the teacher.

  "I just wanted to inform all of you of the camping trip that will happen at the end of the school year. I will hand out the parent's permission form, and I want all of you to get your mother, father, or guardian to sign it. Alright, you are now excused."

  Instantly, both of my eye lights turned to stars as I suppressed a squeal. Blue, who sat next to me in this class, immediately jumped up and pulled me out of my chair before (awkwardly) grabbing my shoulders and shaking me violently.

  "Ink! INK! AREN'T YOU SO EXCITED?!" He screeched, letting go of me to quickly gather up his things.

  "Yep!-" I said, propping myself up against the edge of my desk as I relaxed my breathing, "Just- Please don't shake me next time."

  "Oh! I'm so sorry Ink! I'm just too excited!!" The hyperactive skeleton apologized.

  "It's fine!" I assured him, shrugging on my backpack before starting to walk towards the door, "C'mon! Or else we'll miss the group!"

  Blue happily bounded after me, clutching both of our permits with a goofy smile on his face.

  "THIS WILL BE SO MUCH FUN!"

  "HeYa GuYs."

  I jumped and squeaked, not expecting someone to sneak up behind us.

  "Oh! Hey Error! How's your class go?" I said, slowing my pace and falling into step besides the glitchy skeleton.

  "iT wAs FiNe-"

  "ARE YOU GOING?!" Blue interrupted, holding up the permits and jumping up and down.

  "YeAh, I aM." Error responded nonchalantly.

  "Yay! I can't wait!" I chimed.

  "It'S sTiLl A mOnTh AwAy SqUiD."

  "Yeah, But one month isn't really that much time!-" I started before quickly realizing what I said, my smile falling somewhat.

  Error tensed some beside me, unfortunately also thinking the same thing I was. Thankfully Blue didn't know about it, so I didn't dampen the happy mood entirely.

  "You- OH! HELLO EVERYONE!" Blue called out as we neared the tree that we all met under after school.

  A chorus of variations of the phrase 'Hello' rang as Blue quickly went up to Dust and Fell. Yup, that's right. After the whole Killer fiasco our two little groups kinda merged and we would all meet up and walk together after school.

  "Hey Dream!" I smiled as we started walking, "Is your grade going on the trip too?"

  Dream nodded, but then frowned, "Yes, but I can't go... I have work that day and I can't take a day off."

  "Aw.. that's okay! I'll make sure to draw plenty of things and take a ton of pictures!" I said, attempting to cheer him up.

  Dream smiled and nodded, "Sounds good, Ink."

  "Guys! It's our street!" Blue chimed as he and Error broke away from the group, us following quickly behind.

  "See you all tomorrow!" I said, stopping for a moment to turn around and wave to the group.

  Humming happily, I turned back around to catch up to my friends.

4 months left.