Chapter 7: Can I Panic Now?!

-=Dream's POV=-
  I groaned and flopped onto the couch, setting the paperwork I was doing onto the coffee table. Ink went to the park to meet up with Error, and Blue had gone to his soccer practice, so I was alone. I sat up and grabbed the TV remote. The TV was set to the news channel, and I was about to change it when something caught my eye.

BREAKING NEWS: "THE SHADOW STRIKES AGAIN"

  The news channel started showing images from security cameras of "The Shadow", a figure "cloaked in darkness" whose cold blue eye could bring your worst nightmares to life. The news person explained that they appeared last night in a convenience store after the power mysteriously shut off and terrified the few people that were there, while a trio of other masked skeletons made off with some of the stock.

  I shook my head and changed channels. I knew that it was my brother that was doing this, he always loved scaring people and was obsessed with the idea of being feared. I suppose he was successful, even though his little gang are the only ones who know it's him. I could change that and turn them in to the police, but Nightmare never really hurt anyone, and even though the probably hates me, he's still my brother.

  Picking up the paperwork, I started to fill it out, the TV making a comfortable background noise. Suddenly, my phone dang. Quickly setting the papers down again, I picked up my phone and checked who the message was from. It was from Cross:

Crossy: Dream! You said your friends would be out today, right?

I think I know where this is going...

Me: Yeah, Why?

Crossy: Im coming over

Me: Wait, Cross!

  The message was left as unread... Well, I supposed having him over would be nice. I'm bored anyways. Flopping back onto the couch, I heard tapping at the window. Is it raining? Getting up, I made my way to the window, and lo and behold there was Cross, standing there and tapping at the glass with a smirk. That was certainly quick.

  "You know you could've just knocked on the door, right?" I said, opening the window.

  "But that's not fun!!!" He exclaimed as he jumped through the window.

  I shook my head and smiled before returning to the couch.

  "Need some help?" Cross asked, picking up some unfinished homework.

  "Yeah, that would be nice."

~One Hour Later~

  I snuggled closer to Cross on the couch, my eyes glued to the television screen. We had gotten side-tracked and ended up just watching a movie, which is what would have happened anyways, so Im glad he came over. Besides, I still have tomorrow to finish the homework. Just as my favorite scene came on, my phone began to ring. Cross looked at me intently as I picked it up. 

"Hello..?" I had not bothered to check the caller ID before picking it up.

"D-dReAm! ThAnK gOd ThIs Is ThE rIgHt NuMbEr!" Its Error.. he sounds worried.

"Error..? What's wrong?" 

"s-SoMeThInG hApPeNeD tO iNk! I dOn't-"

"Where are you right now?!" I demanded, sounding frantic.

Cross pulled me onto his lap. He knew I was panicking and needed to be calmed down.

"ThE hOsPiTaL..." Error said, his voice low.

I immediately hung up.

"Dreamy..?" Cross asked, forcing me to face him, "What was that about?"

I said nothing as I tried to get up. When Cross held me back, I simply looked at him in distress.

Can I panic now?

A/N:

Oooooooo, ominous!

Anyways, I have a couple announcements!

Firstly, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR NEARLY 600 READS!!! 

Second, I will be starting school tomorrow, so update will probably be way less frequent.

Third, I got tagged!! (For a meme) But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the photo here ;~;... so uh....

Go check out @InkedPastel 's art book and look for the chapter labeled important.

LEZ SPREAD ZE MEME PERSONS!!