Chapter 26: But Nobody Came...

(Art not mine)

-=No One's POV=-

  Ink stood in the middle of an odd, worn path through the dense foliage, sunlight filtering in through the trees. He hadn't the slightest clue as to how he had got there or where he was going. In fact, he wasn't even standing on the ground. He was instead hovering a few inches above it, the occasional sound of wingbeats resonating from behind him.

  "Error..?" He called, slowly looking around in hopes that he would recognize where he was.

"Are you okay?" A voice said from behind him, scaring Ink and causing him to crash onto the ground.

  Ink groaned and sat up, looking up at the owner of the voice. He immediately recognized them as the person from his previous dreams. So he's dreaming. That made sense.

  "...what?" Ink replied, realizing that this is the first time he's actually been able to talk in his dreams since he first saw this figure.

  "You stopped, is something wrong?" The person explained, their voice neutral, echoey, and strange.

  "Erm.. yeah.." Ink wasn't sure how to respond, he was actually quite confused, but, then again, this was a dream, and dreams can be confusing.

  "Should we continue?" The character asked.

  Ink nodded, and the figure held out a hand. Their hand, much like their face, was blurred out, making it impossible to see what it looked like. Ink looked at the extended limb for a moment before cautiously taking it. As soon as his fingers connected with the figure's, the world around them flashed to black

Then, Ink woke up.

~

-=Ink's POV=-

  I awoke with a start, the sudden pull into reality startling. I almost thought I was still on that path until I heard the soft snores or Error beside me. I loosely gripped my half-pendant and smiled as I caught sight of Error's half. Being as quiet as possible, I scooted away from Error and stood up, stretching until my joints let out a satisfying pop.

  Now, about that dream. It wasn't bad, but wasn't necessarily good. So, neutral. Nothing exceedingly interesting happened, either. A relatively uneventful dream. One might even call it boring. 

  That thought almost made me laugh. After nearly drowning, getting lost in the forest, and thinking I lost Error, I have a boring dream. Hilarious, though kinda nice in a way.

  "MmNg... MoRnInG iNk.." Error groaned sleepily as he rubbed his eyes, "WhAtChA dOiNg..?"

  I jumped, having lost myself in my thoughts. I replied, shrugging, "Thinking."

  "YoU dO tHaT a lot." Error pointed out as he got up and grabbed our backpack, beginning to rummage through it.

  "I guess..?" I said, shrugging again, "What are you looking for?"

  "BrEaKfAsT. cAtCh." Error replied, tossing a granola bar at me.

  I attempted to catch the thrown food, but missed as the granola bar landed sadly at my feet.

  "WhOoPs." Error lazily mused, taking a bite out of his own granola.

  I made an annoyed noise as I bent down to pick up the packaged food, fumbling to tear it open as I stood back up. However, I paused as what I was seeing became muddled and fuzzy.