[1] Greenie Day

The top of the box opens and I notice the Greenie, a boy, shielding his eyes from the sun. He was tall, brown hair and brown eyes. The Gladers gather around the box. Some of them laugh. Boys are weird.

Gally jumps down making the box shake and move a little bit.

"Day one Greenie, rise and shine." He says. He says that every time a Greenie comes and always insisting to be the first one to greet them when they arrived. He lifts the Greenie by his shirt and tosses the him up to the ground.

"Looks like a Slopper to me."

"I could use some help in the kitchen." Fry says.

Before anyone else could do or say something, the Greenie bolted to his feet, pushing past the wall of boys running. He made it a little ways away before he tripped and face planting on the ground. Everyone, including me laughs. Come on, it's funny!

"Greenbean, meet Newt. When he's not around, I'm in charge." Alby explains.

"Well, it's a good thing you're always then." Newt replies.

"And this is Emerson."

"Emmy." She correct, trying not to get mad because he called me by my real name.

"Right, Emmy. She's the youngest Glader."

"That was some dash you made earlier. For a second, I thought you had the chops to be a runner...'till you face-planted. That was great!" Newt comments.

"Great confidence you're giving him, Newt." I deadpan.

"Thanks."

~~~

Well, the Greenie's first day was eventful to say the least. First he face planted in front of basically the entire Glade, and now he's having a intense standoff with Gally. But to be fair, he was getting too close to the Doors. I was a few yards away, watching the whole fight go down.

"Get off me!"

"Aright. Calm, calm calm."

"Don't touch me!"

"Take it easy! Take it easy!"

"Calm down!"

"Just relax!"

"Just, clam down, alright?" Newt asks.

"No, okay? Why won't you tell me what's out there?" The Greenie asks.

"We're just trying to protect you."

"It's for your own good." Alby explains.

"You guys can't just keep me here."

"I can't let you leave."