[17] Just...Hanging Around

"No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious. And me, too."

As they follow behind the unknown named girl, leading them to whoever Jorge is, a group of people appear behind the group. Following them closely as the walk.

"Do you gotta name or something?" Becca asks. The girl doesn't reply.

"Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt asks.

"I've got a bad feeling about everything." Emerson states, keeping a straight face.

"Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say." Thomas defends.

"Okay...but if anything goes wrong, I'm blaming you, Thomas." Becca states before glaring back at him.

"Jorge, they're here." The girl announces. The man turns to the group, he seems to be in his 50's.

"Do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" The man asks. "Three questions: Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?"

They don't utter a word, unsure of what this strange man wants.

"Don't all answer at once." He adds, sarcastically.

"We're headed for the mountains." Thomas speaks up. "Looking for the Right Arm."

The men around them laugh at his response. Jorge snickers. "You're looking for ghosts, you mean. Question number two: Where did you come from?"

"That's our business." Minho sasses back in response.
Jorge's allies shove Thomas to the ground. Others hold the group back from attempting to stop them from proceeding. The girl rushes forward.

"Hey! Get the hell off me!" Thomas screams. "Get the hell off me, man!"

The girl holds some strange device at Thomas' neck, holding him down as well. "Shut up, you big baby." She snaps. The device lets out a red light, scanning it across Thomas' neck. On the back of his neck is an odd looking tattoo.

"What is that?" Thomas questions still trying to free himself.

"You were right." She states, passing the scanning device to the man.

"Right about what? What is she talking about?"

"I'm sorry, hermano. Looks like you're tagged." The man explains, giving a faint laugh. "You came from WICKED. Which means...you're very valuable."

~~~

"Good plan, Thomas. 'Just hear what the man has to say'. Really working out for us." Becca sasses.

"Oh, shut up, Becca." Thomas replies.

"Maybe I can reach the rope."

"Enjoying the view?" Jorge asks. He appears from the shadows.

"What the hell do you want?" Minho questions.

"That is the question. My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either."

There was a long, puzzling silence.

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho asks.

"Speak English!" Emerson suggests to Jorge.

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm." Jorge commands.

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt points out tilting his head in confusion.

"I happen to believe in ghosts."