52| You Can't Run Away From Your Past

(Didn't mean to intrude...)

For FTRs( First Time Readers):

Note: I cut some previously written very long chapters short into 2-3 chapters to make it easier for you to read.

•|You are mostly likely to find less views and even lesser comments here as the newly cropped chapters are being updated on a fresh page.

•|Please don't let it make you think that any of these chapters hold any less significance in this book than the rest of its chapters.

•|All are equally important for the plot. So don't stop yourself from voting and commenting a lot!

That'll help me restore all the votes and comments! Thank you.

For RRs( Re-readers): Aw thanks a load for coming back here again! Just enjoy! And comment more, if you like what you're re-reading!

Emily's Pov:

I glared at her. "That is not an area of joking, Rose! I want an elaborated explanation of how you accquired-"

"This badge belongs to me."

I gawked at her, curling my fingers tightly around the badge. "Oh my God!"

"Yes. I know. I know." Rose waved her hand at me, nodding her head.

Michael raised his eyebrow at my sudden outburst and tried to look at the object I was holding in my hands. With little struggle in between maintaining his nonchalant taciturnity form and his giant curiosity crawling nervously on his nerves, when he indeed became successful in catching the glimpse of the desired object, he sat still on his place for minutes before he turned around abruptly to look at Rose in an absolute incredulity.

"Is this really true?" I asked Rose and she hummed in response.

"Wow. I never thought I would ever see you in a job like this."

"Everybody's future changes once in a lifetime."

"But yours has turned out quite beautifully, even more astonishingly acceptable to me, I guess."

"I'm glad then-"

"But do they really hire someone as younger as you in such a courageous job?"

"Have you started doubting my bravery and courage now?" Rose asked me, dangerously narrowing her eyebrows at me.

Nervously, I handed the badge to her and sat beside her, on the opposite side of Michael. "No! Why would I ever doubt something in you which has always inspired me to become a strong and independent woman myself? I was just asking if they hire sophomores and all?"

"I'm just practising there for a time being before I get placement as a real officer."

"Aww my Rose. I'm so proud of you! All this time I had doubted your morals but you turned out to be-Wait, what about the two guns do you own then? Do they give guns to new learners like you, as well!?"

Rose grinned at me and then held out her two guns in front of me. Then, she took one gun and looked at me. "This one is legal, given to me for my safety against unseen danger." She held out the other gun and emptied down all the bullets on her hand before placing it on my bed. "This one is mine-"