Prologue

As the draconic creature tussled around in the bushes looking for an opportunity to strike, a dull yellow set of eyes peeking out. The human in the carriage moving around with a single lantern lit inside, the light seeping out of the thin material that acts as shelter. Finally the humans silhouette lays on the floor and blows out the tiny flame. The darkness engulfs the surroundings, only the noises of the forest can be heard. After almost an hour of waiting, snoring emits from the covered cart, the ears of the creature watching perk up.
           Gleefully, the kobold ran up to the carriage and peaked inside. The human, being a well known trader, had many shiny objects. There were golden goblets, coins, necklaces, silk robes, and many more treasures that the kobold would love to take. The kobold rummaged around the cart, careful to not wake the merchant. The kobold feels the golden treasure, there eyes sparkling, and pockets it into there bag. As the reptilian creature sees more and more riches they get excited and become sloppy with their work, becoming louder and rushing to get as much in the little bag as they can. The clinking of golden and silver oddities begin to stir the human from their slumber, their eyes straining to see the black blob that's moving in front of them.
               The human, seeing the kobold, reached for there sword. The kobold notices the quick movements and looks for the fastest way out. The human swings the sword, aiming directly at the creatures neck. Instead the sword cleaves through the horn of the kobold as it tries to dodge. The momentum of the strike sends the kobold flying through the linen tarp flinging riches to the ground and the kobold into the trunk of a tree. Blood trickles down their face as they grasp for air. As the human looks for their lantern and lights it, the kobold yelps and grabs their bag, ramming the nearby gold into it and running into the forest. The human comes out with a lightly bloody sword in hand "Damn kobolds" the human says, going back in to check there stock.