one

Loner City  //  a.u - Calum Hood

Loner City

1 // J

_________________________________________________________________________________

I look down at my watch. I have 15 minutes to get to work and I still haven't ordered my coffee. I bounce on the heels of my vans and check my watch again. 14 minutes. I'm 3 blocks away. I twirl my blonde hair and sigh loudly. People look at me and glare. I fold my hands in front of me.

"Next." The cashier says. Finally.

"Haha! Finally! Can I get a tall cotton candy frappe?" I ask in a preppy voice.

"Name?"

"Julia." I give a small smile but the cashier isn't impressed. He hands my cup to one of the workers and I pay for my drink.

I wait for my drink and check my watch every 10 seconds.

I finally get my drink.

"Thanks!" I say.

I shake my head and pour some of the frappe in a trash can outside. I don't even like cotton candy frappes.

I speed up my pace as I walk to my job at American Eagle.

No, I'm not a model I just put all the clothes on the racks and shelves.

I dump another splash of my drink into a trash can outside before walking in the back door of the store. I take a sip.

Ewck. Discusting. 

"Hi guys." I say greeting everyone letting them know I was late because of my drink and making it obvious. A few people glance and smile but others ignore me. I pretend not to notice.

I clock in and take one last sip of the gross pink frappe and toss it.

I start refolding shirts and eventually escape to the back room where most of the models hung out when it was too cold and the manager wasn't around.

"Hey guys!" I say and pull out my phone, putting in one earbud.

"Hi Jackie." One of the girl models Lilah says.

"It’s actually Julia..." I say.

"Whoops my bad J... Hey can you shut that door?"

I close the door behind me.

Luke, one of the male models pulls a pack of cigs from under the mini fridge.

"Want one?" He offers me. I shake my head. Gross.

"Nah, I had one on my walk here." Never in a million years.

He shrugs taking a puff and passing it to Lilah and Alayna.

"Are you gonna snitch?" He asks me. I shake my head again.

"Never, I'm in here all the time too." I shrug. Lilah smirks and passes a second cig to Brian.

the door swings open next to me.

"The falcon is in the nest!" Karren, another employee, says.

Everyone begins to scramble. They all drop their cigarettes and stomp on them before kicking them under the fridge. Someone kicks open the back door as someone else tosses a pack of mints at Luke who takes 4. Lilah and Alayna spritz perfume into the air and on themselves.

Another employee calls from the store over the radio.

"Landing in 20!"

We all pile out of the back room and into the store, Luke and Brian sprinting towards the front of the store and Lilah and Alayna speed walking to their spots in the store.

I go to a corner or the store and continue folding shirts as usual.

"Well that was fun." I mutter to Lilah who was stationed near me. She glances at me but turns back to her plastic pose.

I ignore her rolling her eyes at me and go back to my work.

Mr. McCormick aka "the falcon" eventually makes his way over to me.

"Albright?" I turn around to face the falcon hearing my last name.

"Hello Mr. McCormick." I smile.

“J. Albright since you aren't doing ANYTHING productive go make friends with our newest employee." He points to a boy with tan skin who was talking to Karren at the front cash register.

I nod. "Of course sir!" the falcon looks pleased as I walk over to the new guy.

"Hi! I'm Julia - you are?" I ask with a big smile.

He glances at me and almost laughs.

"Calum."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NEW STORY YAAAAYYYY!

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT JULIA SHE'S ANNOYING BUT DON'T WORRY SHE'LL EVENTUALLY CUT THE CRAP. 

IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN MY ACC. BEFORE HI! I'M @IRWIEASH - GO READ MY OTHER STORY 

"Xx, Bandana Boy" 

I HOPE YOU ENJOY :) 

// S