12| the stones

"Friday where's dad?" I asked the AI

"I'm sorry Morgan but your dad died 10 years ago so I believe it didn't work"

--

"N-no that's impossible it worked, I save him" Cassie hugged me. "I'm sorry Morgan"

"I don't understand" I was standing there to think but heard the doors open. I saw everyone storm in. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND" mom yelled "I WAS TRYING TO SAVE DAD" boy was she mad, I've never seen her this mad

"wait what did you do?" Bruce stepped forward "I went back in time to save him" "you changed the timeline? Morgan, you can't just do that" "I know but I wanted to save dad" mom was still standing next to me boiling "morgan go upstairs we'll talk about this later"

I said nothing and walked away, I heard Scott say to Cassie that she was in a lot of trouble 'great now she has a problem because of me'

---

I entered my room and saw all my work. I looked at it for a second and then threw it against the wall. "WHY DIDN'T IT JUST WORK" I walked to my bed and cried under the sheet.

I heard two knocks on the door and then open it silently "can I come in?" "no" "well I'm coming in anyway" I looked from under the sheets to see who it was, it was Steve.

"go away" I said angry and sat up in bed. "why?" he sat on the side of my bed "GO AWAY" I started crying and hitting against him chest but obviously he didn't move. instead he just hugged me.

first I tried to get away from his grip but then I just cried. he rubbed his hand over my back to comfort me. "it's okay, shhh"

---

after I calmed down I backed away "thanks" I saw a stain of his shirt from my tears, I chuckled "sorry". he laughed "it's okay"

we were sitting and hugging in silence "Steve?" "Yeah?" he looked at me "are you mad?" "no... I just wished you had come to me" "sorry" "it's okay" I hugged him one more time

"let's go downstairs?" he asked me, I hesitated but then nodded. we walked downstairs and entered the room when we saw everyone sitting in the living room. I put my hand in my pockets so no one would see it.

"Morgan!" everyone but mom ran to me and hugged me. when they parted away I saw mom still sitting on the couch. "alright say it" I just wanted to get it over with

"why would you do this? I mean why waste your time" "waste my time? I could've got dad back, that's not wasting time in my eyes" "BUT IT DIDN'T WORK" "WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN WANT HIM BACK" "alright that's enough" wanda tried to intervene.

we both took a deep breath and tried to start over. "I don't have a problem with it, I miss him just as much as you do" "good then I'll be downstairs finding out what went wrong"

I was about to walk away when she started complaining again. "no you won't" so I turned around. "HA! so you do have a problem with it!" "NO, I DON'T" "WELL YOU DON'T WANT ME TO GET HIM BACK EITHER" I pointed my arm then away I wanted to go

"Morgan what happened to your arm?" Bruce asked and wanted to take it but I quickly pulled it away. he only saw a small part of my arm because I still had the glove and suit on.

"nothing" "it didn't look like nothing, let me see" now everyone was getting curious and walked slowly towards us.

"no, it's nothing just a scratch" I put my hand over the part where it was showing. but my arm started to get really hot. I still looked at them but I got really uncomfortable from the heat.

"shit" I felt my left hand burn and when I looked at my hands I saw that the glove burned away and that my right hand was glowing. I started to panic which only made it worse.

they were all in shock and then realized they had to help. "morgan calm down" Sam stepped forward. but a blue blast came from my hand and blew him away.

I only panicked more and more. "Morgan!" now wanda walked up to me but also got blasted away. I fell to the ground but no one came to me because they were all afraid.

I started to panic so much that I felt like I was gonna pass out. "guys she's gonna pass out if we don't calm her down" Bruce yelled "Friday what do we do?" mom panicked

"I don't know what's happening to her I'm sorry" "can't we just let her pass out?" bucky asked and everyone looked at him like he was crazy

"NO" everyone yelled " Steve slowly walked up to me from the side and kneeled down "calm down, just breath with me" "it's not that simple" I barely got out.

he then made a big mistake and put his hand on my shoulder causing me to flinch and my hand to glow even harder. "HELP ME" the blast came from my hand again and hit a lot of stuff "fuck it" Steve said and then punched me to knocked me out.

===

"I'm here morgan" "dad?"

I woke up on the couch this time "DAD" I jumped up but immediately fell down. "wow morgan calm down" mom came to me and helped me back on the couch. "I- I got a dream, he's here" "who? who's here?" "dad!" "no, he isn't honey"

I looked around and saw everyone sitting in the living room. I then realized what happened before I passed out and looked at my hand "shit". "morgan what happened there?" Bruce walked to us with a tablet to check my vitals.

I looked down "I kinda snapped my fingers instead of dad" "YOU WHAT" "guys please I have a huge headache thanks to Steve" I rubbed over the place he punched me "sorry"

"morgan that was really dangerous" "I know I knoww, but it could've saved dad" "but look what it did to you" mom said referring to my hand.

do you think you can control them?" wanda asked. "I don't know..." I sighed and looked down at my hand with the 6 stones on my hand

oh snap