14| emotions

"Friday?" "Yes Morgan?" "Good you're still here, can you run facial recognition on every camera in New York?" A hologram appeared. "who are we looking for?" She asked

"my dad"

---

"What about queens?" "Just a second" I put my hair in a bun. "Nothing" "uhh.. financial district?"

"Morgan?" I heard a knock on my door. "Friday hide this"

"Yes?" "Can I come in?" "Sure". The door opened and Steve entered. I sighed because I tried to avoid him since what happened yesterday.

"Can we talk?" I nodded and he said down on my bed while I sat on the ground.

We both stayed silent until he spoke up. "I'm sorry for pushing you to use your powers at your first training"

I looked at the ground "that's okay" "no it wasn't, I shouldn't have pushed you while you weren't ready"

"well I'm sorry for turning you into a chicken" he chuckled "well I guess we're even then" we both smiled

"And I'm sorry for punching you" he said referring to my blue eye which I tried to cover with makeup.

"Well, it was for the best" "oh no I did it for the fun" he stood up and walked to my desk. "Uhh you know what I'm pretty busy with homework" I quickly got in front of him so he wouldn't see my actual work.

"Morgan? What are you doing?" he pushed me aside and picked up some papers. He turned around and showed me my dad's shield file "Homework huh?"

I took it from his hands and put it back on my desk. "Please don't tell anyone" "you know I can't do that"

"Please they're gonna lock me up if you tell them" I looked at him with puppy eyes "maybe that's for the best"

"No please, I'll tell you everything I'm working on as long as you don't tell them" he looked at me with a strict face and walked away.

"Shit" I rubbed my hands over my face trying to clear my mind. "Friday please be quick, they'll probably be here soon"

"As you wish, and your mom says dinner is ready" "thanks" I tried to make myself as presentable as possible and walked downstairs.

Everyone was already sitting down and I joined. There was a really awkward silence so mom decided to break it.

"So Steve told me what you were working on" I stopped chewing and looked at Steve. "Did he?"

I swallowed and put my fork down. "I'm sorry, please don't-" "it's okay but you know you don't have to do your homework, we told the principal you were really sick and probably won't be back for 2 weeks"

"Right, homework" I nodded "I just wanted to keep up" I continued eating in silence while I saw Steve frequently look at me.

---

"Alright I'm going upstairs" I said after I put away my dishes. I walked upstairs and through the hallway when I felt like someone was following me.

I turned around but saw no one so I ignored it. But after I walked a few steps felt a wind behind me.

I turned around but, again, saw nothing and I really started to creep out. I turned around but almost walked against Steve who stood behind me.

"Jeez you scared the hell out of me" I put my hand on my chest. "you're telling me everything in detail, now" "alright alright"

---

"So you can go to the soul world?" " Yes"

"And they told you your tony is here" "uhu"