~ Episode 8 - Hope: Part 1 ~

Nobody believes me. They don't remember. Zion helped me, but he doesn't remember. I think back to the night and fear washes over me. That night, we found out Judy was missing, and for some reason, Lawrence wanted to toast to her. He made the drinks and gave them to everyone, except me. I didn't want one. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. He spiked the drinks with something. Something that made them forget anything ever happened. Do they still remember Judy is missing? How did he manage to make them forget what happened to me, but not that Judy was gone? Maybe they remember some of that night and realize Judy is gone.

I'm thinking too in depth with this. Isn't it better they don't know? They'll treat me the same and not like I'm some wounded animal they're afraid to hurt more. It'll be like nothing ever happened. Although something did happen. What if Lawrence does something to one of the other girls? What if he already has, but is somehow keeping her, or possibly him, quiet? Nobody else would ever know that it happened. No, he wouldn't do anything to anybody else, he's too smart. Law-

"Skylar!" Someone exclaimed my name and I jerk my head towards the direction the sound came from. We're in classroom 1C, waiting for Harry to arrive to start the meeting.

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I was spacing off." I responded, my face growing warm. Way to go Skylar. Embarrass yourself more why don't cha? Oh, shut up little voice in my head. Zion looks at me concerned, and I look away from him, hoping to not be too suspicious, not that it was working. He opens his mouth to speak when the door suddenly bursts open. It's Harry, and he's clutching something in his hands. He waves it around in the air frantically, drawing all of our attention to it.

"We're saved!" He exclaimed, looking like a mad man. He goes around the room, trying to show us the flyer, but not actually giving us enough time to see it. "We're saved!" He repeated again.

"Harry, slow down!" Zion piped up, finally getting Harry to calm down. "What do you mean we're saved?" Harry smiled slightly and it caused a small smile to form on my own lips. It has been a long time since we've seen Harry's smile, and I guess it just filled me with... hope.

"There's a safe place! I overheard people talking outside so I went to check it out-"

"You went out alone? Harry that's dangerous!" Zion interrupted, looking at Harry with a stern face. I could tell he wanted to say more but held back from saying it.

"Well..." Harry looks a little letdown. "That's beside the point!" His face immediately goes back to the smile. He holds the flyer out to Zion and he takes it, looking over it carefully.

"It's a safe zone! We could finally not be afraid with soldiers protecting us!" Harry exclaimed, looking at all of us scattered around the room. Zion continues looking at the flyer while Harry explains what's on it.

"It's not that far from here! Come on, guys! We have to go!" Harry exclaimed, looking excited. I glance around the room and everyone looks excited, even Lawrence. You'd think he'd be mad, but I guess he wants out of this dump like all of us.

"What do you think Zion? Does it seem legit?" Ethan asked, breaking the silence that ensued after Harry stopped talking. Zion nods his head slowly.

"I don't see why it wouldn't be, and I don't see why we wouldn't take this opportunity. If it's nothing, we can always come back here."

"Or find a new place," Hermione said, making another good point. We are all agreeing with each other, which is a first.

"So I guess that settles it. We'll leave sometime tomorrow." Zion said, without discussing it with anyone. Nobody disagreed, but still, usually, there's some discussion. How is Lawrence letting Zion basically take over the leadership role here? Does he know some of us are starting to question his leadership, even though we have no evidence against him? I glance at him and he's just acting normal, well, as normal as he usually is. With that, we all start heading for the door, until Lawrence speaks up.

"Wait, guys! I think this deserves a celebration." He said, slightly smirking.

"Celebrate how?" Eugene said, asking what we were all thinking.

"Well, I was exploring, even though I should've been, but I found some alcohol in a basement. The teachers had to keep calm somehow." We stare at Lawrence, dumbfounded. It wasn't a real surprise to me that he was snooping around the school without us knowing.

"Anywho, I figured that the alcohol would be needed for something of the sorts, so I hid it. I'll grab it now?" He asked, looking at us, waiting. I glance at Zion and he's looking at me. I shrug.

"Why not? This would be good for all of us, don't you think?" Again, we all agreed. Lawrence smiles.

"Let's party." 

HA! CLIFFHANGER! There will be a second part to this chapter uploaded soon! Also, thank you so much for 100 reads! I never thought that I would even get 10. Getting 100 reads blows my mind, even though it's not a lot compared to others. Now that I've rambled, I'll leave :D  ~Skye~