~ Secret Files pt 2 ~

Eugene's Secret Memory

I haven't been able to talk to Hermione ever since we sat on the roof and star gazed.

"Zion?" I whisper, looking at right at him as we at lunch.

"Hmm?" He asked, looking up at me from his food.

"I'm curious... why is it so hard to express emotions?" Zion smiles slightly before answering me.

"Well, first off we're afraid of getting rejected-"

"How do you know I meant that in a loving way?" I interrupted him, crossing my arms. He puts his arms up in surrender.

"Hey, I was just assuming. Most people struggle expression emotions to people they like."

"Who here could I possibly like?" I looked at him, playing dumb.

"Hermione," Zion said confidently. "You don't hide it that well."

"Give me one example." I squinted my eyes.

"Well, just a few minutes ago you were staring at her. Yesterday she was all you talked about. You-"

"OK! Ok." Zion laughs. "Clearly I need your help asking her out..." Towards the end of the sentence, my voice got quieter.

"Just tell her how you feel," Zion said.

"How about you tell Skylar how you feel." I mocked him, making a duck face.

"I did." He glances Skylar's way and she happens to see him. They smile at each other. He looks back at me, the smile still on his face.

"Oh my lord cheesus." I looked down at my hands, feeling a little anxious. "I-I don't think I have the... courage."

"Aw come on man. You got this." Zion turns around and yells, "Hey Hermione!"

"Zion no-" It was too late. She was already on her way over. Zion smirks at me and leaves the table, going over to Skylar. Hermione looks at me confused.

"Was there something he was going to tell me or...?"

"No. Zion was merely lying!" I yell, clearly freaking out. Zion chuckles, clearly enjoying my pain.

"Hermione," She turns and looks at him. "He likes you."

"That's not true! I-I would never like you!" I yelled loud enough for the whole room to hear, my legs turning into jelly and my face flustering up. Hermione stared at me, her face full of hurt.

"Oh... Uhm I..." She turns around and walks away from me. Zion talks to her for a few seconds as they pass each other, but when he looks at me I flinch. He starts walking towards the door and I know to follow him out. Once we're in the hallway, he glares at me more.

"What the absolute hell was that!?" He yelled in a hushed whisper.

"I didn't think you'd expose me like that!" I replied, my face still flustered up.

"I did it for your own good because you wouldn't tell her yourself! Why would you say you'd never like her!?"

"I panicked ok? You have no say in this."

"I actually do because you're both my friends and you both clearly have feelings for each other!"

"You-" I growl deeply, clenching my fists in frustration.

"I what Eugene?" Zion challenged.

"I didn't ruin anything between you and Sky," I mumbled, feeling myself tear up, but I blinked them back. Zion stays silent.

"You told her when you were ready... cause of you I lost my chance to ever tell her."

"Like you ever had a chance," Zion said, coldness in his voice. He turns and walks back into the room, leaving me alone. I soon get a cold feeling and because I'm a coward I retreat to my classroom.

"Psssh... as if." I laid on the floor, the scenario replaying in my head. "I don't need her..." I stop myself, sitting up. What the hell is wrong with me? I need to clear my head and what's that without a little music? I forced myself to get up, looking out the window, the stars reminded me of that fortunate night that we star gazed. I never told her about my dream... I run my fingers through my hair, throwing my cap on the ground in frustration.

"Let's fix the shit I did," I tell myself, leaving my hat behind, making myself walk through the hallways to get to the music room. I stop myself, looking down at the guitar next to the piano.

"She said she liked Ed Sheeran..." I begin to brainstorm the songs I know by him, but only one comes to mind. "Give me love..." I sit down near the piano, remembering the keys. I begin to sing slowly, closing my eyes.

"Give me love like her... 'cause lately I've been waking up alone..." A tear slips from my eye and slowly rolls down my face. I wipe it away, but more keep coming.

"Hello?" A soft voice calls out to me and I quickly try to wipe away my tears.

"W-What?" I called back, hoping they couldn't tell I was previously crying.

"Eugene? It's me... Hermione..." Oh no. I stay silent, not knowing what to say. "I just... wanted to check on you. I figured you'd be here." Her voice is soft and sad.

"I-I'm fine just playing a little bit..." I managed to get out.

"O-Okay." There's a moment of silence. "Do you mind if I listen?"

"I-I... yeah- I mean no I wouldn't mind if you'd listen." I said, thinking of the other songs I could play. I hear shuffling and once it stops, I know Hermione sat down somewhere. I press down the piano keys playing a chord. When I continue I press the wrong key, making an obvious mistake. I try to continue, but I mess up again. This has never happened to me before. Why is it happening now? My hands hover over the keys, my eyes going in and out of focus on them.

"Eugene?" I faintly hear Hermione say.

"I-I..." I couldn't hear the notes. I attempted to play them again only to hear a blunt noise. I press random keys, trying to get the sound back. A hand is placed on my shoulder and I look over seeing Hermione's worried eyes.

"I can't hear the... I can't..." She wraps her arms around me.

"Eugene... calm down..." I hear her whisper and kiss the top of my head. "Just stop and play with your heart." I take deep breaths, trying to calm myself.

"Will you play for me...?" I slowly nod my head as she unwraps her arms. I place my hands over the keys and press one. Faint sounds come out. "One more time..." She then sat next to me with the guitar, strumming a chord gently. I press the key again, the sound slightly louder. I play a chord and I can hear every key.

"Are you better now Eugene?" She asked, forcing a smile. I noticed she didn't call me Eugie anymore.

"Yeah..." I whispered.

"Then let's go back to our classrooms and get a good night's sleep..."

"Okay..." I said, letting her lead me to the door.

"Just remember to play for someone... you truly care about." She looked back at me, her smile clearly fake.

"Yeah..." I said, smiling fakely back at her. I watch her leave in the opposite direction. I could feel myself tear up. "Zion was right... I never had a chance..."

And I oop- sksksksksk get hydro flasks! save the turtles! 

If we keep making fun of vsco girls they're going to shoot up the skskskool XD ...wow my dark humor.