~Episode 12 - Safe at Last? ~

I look down at Hermione wondering why she looked so disappointed, but before I could say something Zion comes in my direction.

"Hey, how have you been feeling?" He asked calmly, standing next to me. I see Hermione run over to Eugene, not being her usual peppy self. Was it something I said? I look at Zion.

"Yeah, I've been okay," I replied, still worried about Hermione. Zion must have said something because he waves his hand in front of me.

"Hey? Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me. I could tell he was growing concerned.

"Yeah, really. I think I'm just..." I don't finish my sentence. I don't really know what to say. I stare off into space again, wondering if Hermione was okay.

"Sweetheart... tell me what's wrong." I hear Zion asked, feeling him place his hand on my shoulder. I look at him and his face looks even more concerned than before. I glance in Hermione's direction and Zion notices. He looks at her then back at me.

"What's wrong with Hermione?" He questioned, clearly confused.

"I was asking her about Eugene and I told her I saw her kiss him on the cheek this morning. She got all... defensive and just walked away, looking sad. It's eating me up inside not knowing if it was me or something else." I admit to him. I mess with my mother's ring on my finger out of worry.

"Maybe she realized something," Zion said, squeezing my shoulder. "I could be anything. Did she say anything weird?"

"No...?" I think back on our conversation and try to remember everything she said. "She said that..." It suddenly dawned on me that she thinks Eugene doesn't like her.

"Can you talk to Eugene about Hermione?" I asked, turning towards Zion.

"What exactly do you want me to mention about her," Zion replied, as I saw him look over at Eugene.

"Just..." I look around, trying to think of something for him to say. Sometimes Zion can be dumb. "Ask him if he likes her? I don't know Zion. You're a guy!"

"Wouldn't that be too suspicious? You can't just walk up to a guy and be like 'Hey bro you like this girl?'."

"Fine then. I'll do it myself." I walk away from Zion towards Eugene. He's talking to Hermione and when she sees me, she looks at me surprised.

"Hey, can I borrow Eugene for a moment?" I asked, trying to be as casual as I can.

"That's for him to decide.." She bluntly said. I look at Eugene and he looks a little scared.

"I'll take that as a yes." I grab his arm and pull him away from Hermione. Eugene definitely looks scared now.

"So, I'm just gonna get straight to the point." 

Oof, sorry for our absence. To make up for it I'll post three different parts right now even though I'm supposed to sleeping lol.      ~Skye~