Laziness

"I don't want to get up. I'm too tired." I complain to Brad as he literally lifts me out of bed carrying me downstairs.

He puts me on the couch and leaves to get something "Too bad. You'll get over it." Walking back in he puts a small box on the coffee table and sits next to me "Open it."

I open it slowly waiting to make sure Brad doesn't surprise me with anything. Once it's opened I look in and see all kinds of things filled with memories. Pictures, cards, and a video of our wedding. "What's this for?"

"I was cleaning the other day and found it. I figured we aren't doing anything anyway and it's never a bad time to do this." he puts the video in "Also, I had to get you out of bed, sorry you don't feel good."

"Awe, thank you." I cuddle up to him laying my head on his shoulder "I feel a little better, but not much."

"Maybe this will make you feel better." He starts the video and we watch the beginning of the ceremony and our vows "You were so beautiful that day, I didn't think it was possible for you to get anymore, but looking at you now I know it was possible, because you have."

"You're lying." I touch my hair and point towards my face to prove my point "My hair looks horrible, my skin is all weird, I'm starting to lots of weight and I have no make up on..."

He cuts me off moving my hair out of my face and kissing me "None of that matters. All the weight you gain is good, it's important for the baby for you to be healthy. You don't need makeup, to me you're always beautiful."

I don't really have anything to say so I just kiss him back and we get back to watching the video. It starts off with us walking in to the reception, some speeches then our first dance. I look over at Brad and can tell that even he is on the verge of tears. I get the remote, pause the TV then look back over at him "I think we've seen enough of it for now."

"You're right." He quickly pulls himself together then picks up a pile of pictures and I lean into him "There's so many of these."

I start going through my own pile and stop when I see one I don't remember seeing before. It looks like we were caught off guard by whoever took it. We're sitting on the beach, Brad's arm around my back and me leaning into his lap. We're both looking out into the distance at the ocean just as the sun sets. I put the others down and give it to him "Do you know who took this?"

He stares at it for a while, thinking "Court. We were at the beach house with her and David I think. I only remember seeing this like one other time, I really like it."

"Me too." I get up and put it with some of the other pictures we have then sit back down.

Brad hands me one of my favorites "Wow, this must've been 6 years ago now." In the picture I'm holding my niece, on her first birthday and Brad is standing next to me.

"She's getting big so fast, I miss when she used to stay here with us."

"I do too, only seeing her one weekend a month really sucks, I wish they didn't have to move." I put the picture aside with some of my other favorites then give those to Brad to look through and he gives me his favorites.

"I miss when we used to go out like this." He shows me a picture of us at a Halloween costume party "We used to have so much fun. I guess none of that will be happening anytime soon anymore."

"We can still do some things, just not all the time." I look at the back of it to see the date "These are really starting to make me feel old. This was almost 5 years ago."

"You aren't old, I am." He points towards himself "You wake up sick, but I wake up to my bones cracking." He tries to act serious, but I know he's laughing inside.

I laugh at him and get up to make us breakfast. While I'm cooking Brad walks in the kitchen wrapping his arms around me from behind following me and I walk around getting what I need "You're such a cute cook, even if you keep stepping on my feet."

"Maybe if you get off my back so I can move I wouldn't be stepping on your feet." I laugh getting the griddle out and start to make a few pancakes "I could easily burn all of yours."

He quickly kisses me then gets everything we'll need and sets the table then comes back to get the pancakes and takes them over "We should spend more time together that we're both off. Go on some little trips before we can't anymore."

"That sounds like a good idea, where would we go?" We spend the whole time we're eating deciding on what we would do and where to go. Once we've decided we want to go on 2 other than to visit my mom in New York we talk about where. I pick Cabo, and say we should go soon, and Brad decides on going to Washington for a few days after New York. I start to plan the Cabo trip and we decide to leave in 2 days and stay for a week.