It's the New Year!

They're having a New Year parade about an hour away from us and Court and David asked if we would like to take the girls. Brad and I are running on little sleep because of staying up until midnight and we had to get up at 8 but the girls were excited and woke us up earlier. They were at a parade a little over a year ago, but don't really remember it so they keep asking us about what they'll see.

We're all laying in our bed completely smashed because we don't feel like getting up yet. Brad is trying to tell them what they'll be seeing "You'll see lots of Disney Characters, and some from different movies!" They sit there between up staring at him getting excited when he says someone they like. Aly chose to sit on my stomach so she's "close to me" and gets very excited bouncing when he says something she likes and it really doesn't feel good. "Let's to eat breakfast." I pick her up trying to save myself from bruises and hold Shay's hand whilst Brad walks with Jess behind me.

"I'll make waffles." Brad surprises me by putting Jess in her seat and walking into the kitchen before me. He gets out everything he needs and mixes them then starts to make them and I get all the plates out. "Do you think we should leave early since we're up? Get a better parking spot?" He asks me.

"Couldn't hurt. Then maybe we could save one for them." I text Court to see when they're leaving and she says Coco is already up and they'll leave whenever we do and we can just go together.

We take everything to the table and I cut up all the girls waffles and put some syrup on their plates for them then sit down at my seat next to Brad. I eat my own food and watch as the girls struggle to eat theirs making big messes "Maybe we should put their hair up, otherwise we'll need to give them another bath." Brad tells me not taking his eyes off of them. I get up and go over to Shay getting her hair and give Brad hair ties for Aly and Jess and when it seems like we have them taken care of we sit back down and finally get to finish our food. They finish shortly after us and I clean off the table and them then we take them upstairs.

"I want each of you to grab your blankets." I tell all 3 of them. We have no idea of it will be cold, but I want to be on the safe side. They get their favorite blankets then wait for Brad and I to help them get dressed. I take the twins and find jeans, boots and long sleeve shirts to put on them and find a hoodie for each of them then take them to our room so I can get dressed. They play on the bed and I search through my closet until I find something similar to what they're wearing and a jacket so I can stay warm. Brad walks in with Shay following him a few minutes later and gets dressed then we all leave.

"There's Coco!!" Shay yells when we pull into the parking spot. I get her out first so she can go to Coco then help Brad with the twins. "Don't run off." I tell them as we put them down "Be careful" I also warn them.

Brad and I walk over and stand next to Court and David watching the girls.

"Are they fighting?" David asks about the twins.

I look over and see them both standing there looking like they're going to kill each other "Yes" I answer him. Brad walks over to them and says something getting them to stop and they both sit on their blankets waiting for the parade. Shay sits with Coco and Court and David sit next to them so Brad and I sit on the other side of the twins to make sure they don't try to run off.

They end up crawling over to us and sitting in our laps where they can see better. The parade starts and Aly keeps asking me about when she'll see Minnie. Brad leans over to her and points out some of the other characters "There's Nemo and Dory!"

"I want Minnie!" She says stubbornly not even looking at the others. Jess states that they're fish and "flying" and keeps looking out for the others while Aly just keeps her head buried in my chest not wanting to see anything but Minnie.

I move closer to Brad for warmth and he wraps his arm around Aly and I. She slowly turns her head so she's peeking out at the parade but can't see everything.

"Are you in a better mood now?" I ask holding her up to my face "Are you going to be nice?" She just ignores me and turns so she can see the parade and gets excited when she sees some other characters on Mikey Mouse.

"THERE'S MINNIE!" She yells as loud as she can when she sees her.

I stand up holding her so she can see better. Her eyes are glued on Minnie as she dances and waves on the float. Minnie passes us shortly after and she gets upset until I point out what's after her "Look, there's Cinderella!"

She stretches herself out so she can see more and smiles when she sees her "Ella pretty!" I point out that she has her Cinderella jacket on and Minnie shirt and she starts telling me what else is on them. That keeps her occupied for a while after Cinderella and Minnie are gone and she goes back to sitting on my lap watching everything.

"I think Shay likes it." Brad whispers in my ear and points to her not taking her eyes off it at all.

"We need to do this again." I tell him and we go back to watching the rest of the parade.

I was gonna wait until New Year to post this, but it's been a few days since I last updated and that's 3 days away, so here. Btw, I forgot to say Merry Christmas when I last updated so I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family! :)