Princess party

Today Shay is 2, and like almost every other 2 year old she loves princesses and wanted a princess party. Instead of us waking up to one or both of the twins crying we wake up to Shay jumping in our bed excited because it's her birthday.

"I'm 2!" She yells excitedly showing us on her fingers and trying to get the blankets off of us "Wake up!"

Brad pulls her down so she's laying with us and tries to get her to calm "You have to be a little quieter, your sisters are sleeping." He then takes her in his arms and hugs her "Happy birthday, princess! Daddy loves you!"

"I love you too, daddy!" She says hugging him back.

I smile at their cuteness then take her from him "Happy birthday, Shay!" I hand her one of the presents we got for her "Open it."

She opens it to find a princess dress that she can wear for her party "It's Ariel! Thanks mommy and daddy."

We take her downstairs so she doesn't wake Aly and Jess and make her breakfast. I put the food in front of her at the table and sit across from her "Are you excited for your party today?"

"Yeah! We have fun." She says while she stuffs her face with pancakes.

Brad walks in the kitchen holding the twins and hands me Jess "They woke up." He gets a bottle to feed Aly then sits down at the table.

I feed Jess and put her in her swing next to Aly once they're both done and start to decorate. We decided that Shay is only going to have our friends kids over so that there aren't too many people here. Brad starts to put balloons up and Shay makes some signs while I clean everything and get the yard ready. Aly starts to cry so I get her before she wakes Jess and carry her around with me while I set up the snack and drink table.

I hear the screen door to the yard shut and turn around quickly hoping it isn't Shay and luckily it's just Sherry.

She walks over to me and takes Aly "I thought I would come and help you a little, I figured you guys would be busy."

"We are." I finish pouring the snacks and put a bunch of cups next to the drinks and ice bowl "I still have to finish the rest of the yard and clean the living room."

"I can help you if you want. Just tell me what to do." She must be able tell that I'm thinking she's crazy because she closes some of the snack bags helping me "Seriously, whatever you need help with."

I try to think of what all we need help with and figure out what she could do to help us the most "If you could watch the three of them that would be great. I'm trying to do this and watch in there at the same time and it isn't very easy. There should be bottles in the fridge for them and if not just bring them out to me."

She goes back inside with Aly and puts her in her swing then sits at the table with Shay to help her draw. I put a gable cloth on the picnic table and another one on the glass table for the adults then bring out the utensils, plates and napkins. Looking around I try to figure out what I need to do and remember I need to get the pool toys out. I go to the shed and get the new ones we just bought out then get some of Shay's from before and throw them all in the pools so they're ready for when everyone gets here.

I go inside to get dressed and see Brad doing the same in our room when I walk in "You should probably just put your swim suit on that's what I'm doing." I go through all my clothes trying to find something to wear.

Brad walks over to me handing me a tank top and shorts that he knows I like "Wear these." He then hands me one of my bathing suits from after I had Shay "And this."

I take them all from him and put them on then look in the mirror at myself "I look like crap."

"No you don't." Brad walks over to me wrapping his arms around me "You look beautiful."