Baby's first Christmas

I wake up to Brad kissing me and handing me a present "Merry Christmas, babe!" He then tells me to open it before we go downstairs.

"You don't have to keep giving me extra presents." I tell him as I open it and find a cement block with Shay's hand and footprints on it along with things for him to hang it on our wall "This is so cute! Thank you!" I lean over and kiss him, then hand him a present I was going to give him when we were downstairs "Merry Christmas."

He takes it from me and slowly opens it knowing that drives me crazy. Once it's finally opened he holds it so he can see what it is :A phone case with a few pictures of us that we got, and 2 of Shay that he said before are his favorites. He puts it on his phone "I love it, I didn't think you would remember all those pictures."

"I wouldn't forget." I get up once Shay does and feed her while Brad goes downstairs to make us breakfast. I go downstairs and put Shay in her swing where we can see from rhe kitchen, and get to the table just as Brad is done cooking.

He brings over a plate with the food he made and sits down across from me "I hope it's good, I got distracted and it might be a little burnt."

I put some on my plate and try a little "It's pretty good. I can't really taste that it's burnt." I get us each a drink then sit back down and we finish eating before going into the living room to open the rest of our presents.

Brad opens the few we got Shay and lays them with her so she can see them, then I give him his to open. As he opens them he looks at each carefully and thanks me. Clothes, and some things for different hobbies he has.

I get mine from Brad and start to open them. He layered boxes so I would be more anxious to see the present with every box I open. I finally get to the last one to open it and find shoes I've been saying I wanted, and in another some jewelry. I thank him and we sit around for a while until we have to do other things. We prop Shay up so she can sit against the couch and 'play' with some of her new toys while she mumbles little things to herself. Brad and I sit and watch her as all the little milestones amaze us. She starts to cry so I pull her over to where we're sitting and feed her, then keep her sitting with us while we sit around just having a lazy day.

Brad starts to look around the room after a while and notices everything laying all over "It looks like our living room was taken over by Santa's elves."

"I should probably clean up, but I don't feel like it." I tell him as I notice what he is talking about. There's wrapping paper, empty boxes, bows, and presents all just laying around the room. The dogs are walking around on the wrapping paper because they like the sound which makes Shay laugh. I can't help but smile at all of it. She's happy, Brad and I are happy, we finally have our baby, and we get to celebrate her first Christmas together. I get lost in thought and a few minutes later Brad takes Shay from me and tells me we should probably start to get ready to go over to my parents.

I clean up all the mess from this morning and put the presents on the coffee table before following Brad upstairs. I find him in Shay's room putting a red dress on her that I had picked out and then putting her in her crib so she can sleep a little before we have to leave. Seeing that he's not dressed yet I take it as a chance to quickly get a shower before I do my hair, makeup and get dresses myself. As I get out of the shower I wrap myself in a towel and walk into the bathroom where Brad is standing waiting for me "I need you to tell me what to wear." He says.

I go into our closet and pull out black pants and a dark red sweater for him then walk over to my side "What should I wear?" I ask not thinking he's paying attention.

He walks over to me with a dark red lingerie set that I've had forever and hands it to me "I think this would be nice."

I take it from him and hang it back up then hold up and outfit close to his "Nice try, but what about this?"

"I really liked the first one but that's nice." He says acting like he's mad at me "Will you at least wear it later?"

I start to get dressed in front of him just to tease him "Maybe. It depends on if I'm mad at you or not when we get home." I finished getting dressed then work on my hair and make up. I don't do much, just straighten my hair a little and put on just enough makeup to make me look okay for pictures, then I pick out shoes and am ready to leave.

"Do you want me to get her a while?" Brad asks as he sees me finishing up. I tell him yes, so he gets Shay, then we get everything we need before going to the car and driving to my parents house.

I get out of the car and get Shay while Brad gets the presents we brought. I walk into the house and set her down in her seat then go into the kitchen where Sherry is cooking.

"Do you need help with anything?" I ask as I look around to see what she made "Everything looks really good."

"Thanks." She cleans her hands then hands me a bowl of cookie dough and an oven trey "Can you scoop these then put them on the oven?"

I start doing what she asks and take the trey over to the oven once I'm done "Those look like they're going to be really good. I love chocolate chip."

She looks up from where she is mashing potatoes "Thanks, I made them because I remembered you liked them, and Alex said Ashley does."

"That's cool. I liked her, she seemed really good for him." I start to help her clean up the counters.

"She is. He actually seems really happy too." Sherry says as we finish everything and join the others in the living room.

Once I get into the living room my dad is holding Shay and Brad is sitting on the couch. I walk over and sit next to him while we all wait for Alex to get here. Alex and his girlfriend walk in a few minutes later and we all open presents. Brad and I help to open Shay's then all the adults open theirs separately before we all sit back and talk for a while. Sherry and my dad take Shay upstairs so she can sleep leaving Brad and I with Alex and Ashley.

"She's so adorable." Ashley tells us talking about Shay "How old is she now?"

"A little more than 3 months." Brad answers her "So, how have the two of you been?"

Alex wraps his arms around Ashley in a loving way and she lays her head on his shoulder as he answers Brad "We've been good." He looks at Ashley as she pulls a ring out of her pocket putting it in her left ring finger "We actually got engaged this morning. We wanted to tell you as a surprise."

Taken by surprise I immediately start smiling from happiness for them "Congratulations!! I was hoping this would happen soon."

"Thanks! We're both really happy. We already told your parents, I hope you don't mind." Ashley tells us as my dad and Sherry walk into the room "I'm really excited to be part of the family all of you are great."

"We're happy to have you!" Sherry tells her "Seeing Jen and Alex happy is what matters to us and you and Brad seem to do a good job at it."

We all sit around drinking for a while talking about our favorite Christmas memories. Alex and I talk about when I used to take him shopping for presents for my dad and Sherry while the other 4 listen closely. We all bring up funny stories until it starts to get late and Brad and I decide we should probably take Shay home and get her to bed.