Sick days

"Brad!? Shay!?" I yell as I walk in the house after my appointment. I can't find them at all downstairs so I go upstairs and hear Shay crying in our room.

"What's going on?" I ask as I walk into our bathroom where she is laying on Brad in just her diaper crying like crazy. I go over and sit next to them pulling her on my lap "Is she okay, Brad?"

"She's been throwing up since she woke up." He rubs her back trying to get her to stop crying "She's been freaking out about it all morning. I was going to call you, but I didn't know if you were with the doctor."

I help Shay as she throws up again then have her wash out her mouth and take her to lay down on our bed for a while, with a bucket next to her "I think she's better now. We just have to make sure she drinks enough water." I follow Brad out and shut the door enough so we won't wake her then go downstairs "Did she tell you she didn't feel good?"

"Yeah, she told me that so I took her temperature and she had a fever, but before I could do anything she was throwing up in her room." He washes his hands good and gets one of Shay's cups filling it with water so she has it a while "What did they tell you today?"

"They look good, and are both good size, one is a little bit smaller, but she doesn't think that's a problem." I pull out a picture from my purse that they gave me and give it to Brad "She said she thinks we have about 3 more months, she doesn't think I'll make it full term."

"Well she said when we found out that it's twins that happens a lot. They're still going to be okay, right?" He asks me freaked out a little "3 months is 8."

"Everything should be fine." I tell him everything the doctor told me while I was there and when my next appointment is "As long as they're both 5 pounds we shouldn't have any problems."

Brad and I spend the rest of the day laying on the couch, watching movies and talking about what we need to do for the babies. I take Shay's cup up and make her drink all the water in it every time she wakes up. Around time for dinner I go up to see of she's still sleeping and she wakes up when I go in.

"You hungry, sweetie?" I ask sitting in the bed next to her, feeling her forehead to see if she's still hot "Do you want some crackers?"

"No." She crawls over to me and sits in my lap laying her head on my shoulder "I still sick."

I lay down with her for a while until she falls back asleep then go down to Brad. He has dinner ready so we eat and try to decide what we want to do about Shay. Brad calls the doctor and and she tells us we should just keep giving her fluids and as long as she stops throwing up by later tonight she should be fine. We go up and Brad moves her to her bed so she can sleep as long as she wants and I wash our sheets while Brad cleans the bathroom.

"What should we do?" I ask Brad as I bring another set of sheets out to put on the bed "She hasn't thrown up in a while, but I just think something isn't right. She won't eat anything and when she drinks it takes her a while."

He gets up and puts away the cleaning products and helps me with the sheets "She'll be fine, she doesn't have anything else major and like you said, she stopped."

He takes the sheets from me and puts them on so I don't have to then tells me to follow him downstairs. I follow him and he takes me to the living room where he tells me to sit until he comes back. I can hear him talking to someone, but I can't see who so I just stay there sitting until he walks back in. I hear little footsteps so I turn around thinking it's Coco, but instead I see Sadie, Adam and Jackie's daughter.

"Hi, sweetie!" I walk over and pick her up when she walks up to me. I hear the others walk in and see Adam, Jackie and Brad "She's getting so big!" I let her down and she goes over to Jackie.

Brad walks over and stands next to me "I thought you would want to see them, and Adam had to ask you something, so I just had them come over."

"Awe, well thanks for coming." I tell them as we walk towards the living room and I get some of Shay's toys Sadie can play with then join them all on the couch "So, what did you have to ask me?"

"There's a movie I want to do, and you would be perfect in it. We've always wanted to do one together, so I figured if we do it has to be one that suits both of us." He hands me a script along with the papers to sign on to do the movie "We would start filming in about a year, some of it would be in Hawaii."

I read the script for a while as the others talk. I would play Adam's assistant, and would act like we're in the middle of a divorce so that he can impress a girl he met at a party. To go along with the plan, we would all take my kids along with Adam's crazy cousin to Hawaii. While in Hawaii the whole group of us run into problems trying to keep our lies straight without getting caught. Adam's character slowly starts to create a bond with my kids and in the end we all tell the truth. I put the script on the coffee table and look over at Brad "Will you be okay if I'm gone for a while?"

"Yeah, if you want to do it we'll be fine. I can bring them to visit too." He hands me a pen along with the script "I know you want to."

I take the pen and sign it then hand the papers to Adam "let me know who else is in when you find out."

Jackie takes it for Adam since he's holding Sadie "I think the only other person signed on is Nick Swardson. He's always fun to work with."

"Nick, Adam, AND Hawaii, this sounds like a lot of fun."