Act I - Scene I

She remained in her fancy dress laying alone on their empty bed. She can smell the sensation of his cologne on the fabric of his cold pillow. She closed her eyes that night thinking of the last words he told her on the phone.

"...- I know you were struggling to tell me something, I just found out what it is and I'm-... I'm happy for us, Martina."

She hugged his pillow closer to her body looking to the city view through the glass, the skyscrapers were lined up through the hindering blinds something she admired about the apartment she shared with him.

A demanding buzz was repeated frequently through her phone on the nightstand, the predominant sound sent her sleep away when she opened her eyes slowly to see the illumination of the device. She didn't bother with the caller's ID, she just pressed accept holding the phone up to ear: "Yea."

"Is this Kim Namjoon resistance?" A foreign voice came through the phone: "Yes. Who's calling?"

"Are you his wife?"

"Yes, speaking. What is it?" She asked.

"I'm from the police, we found your husband's car in the pier in Jeju, there was a body inside the car we think it could be him."

"Excuse me?"

"We need you to identify him."

"N-no, this is must be a mistake my husband's in Hong Kong, I just spoke to him a few hours ago, so it can't be."

"Either way, we need you to come."

"Aerrasso." She heard the ending tune when she looked to her phone screen, her fingers dancing on the lighting screen before she tapped her husband's contact: "Holá, you reached Kim Namjoon, please leave a message." She heard the tune when she placed the phone between her ear and shoulder picking a button-down and clean pants from the closet as she spoke: "Mi amor, the policia just called. They said something about finding your car in Jeju. Just call me, okay?"

She picked took the phone to the bathroom to keep trying to reach her husband as she did the buttons of her shirt...

"Holá, you reached Kim Namjoon, please leave a message."

"Joon it's me again. The policia found a body in your car, they want me there, call me as soon as you get this."

She huffed as she throws her shoes on the parquet floor, as the familiar voice of her husband streamed through the speaker of her phone: "Holá, it's Kim Namjoon, please leave a message."

"Joon, porfavor, wake up. You have to call me right now. The policia asked me to identify your body, call me. Will you?"

She locked the front door of their flat, her phone kept ringing but Namjoon didn't pick up his phone only the repeated voice message was streaming through the speaker.

The 17 floors elevator trip never felt longer than this for her, her thoughts were running wild now with no reply on the other end. She felt like she was losing her mind.

She held her phone up hearing the few rings: "Hello."

"Holá, Taehyung. I-... I need your help."

"Everything okay. Martina?" He could hear the chaotic situation through her hectic breathing.

"An officer asked me to come to Jeju to identify a body, he told me that it could be Joon."

"Joon, he's-..."

"In Hong Kong, I know. They said they found his car and Tae, Joon isn't answering his phone. I have been trying to reach for him but it kept going to the voice mail." She cut him off.

"Okay, calm down. He's-... probably sleeping. It's too late to be up anyway."

A sight of Seoul was on full display from the glass where Kim Taehyung stood, the smoke of his recently lit cigarette coalesced with the conditioned air of the room, he took a sip of his drink looking to the illuminant screen of his phone: "Was that Martina?" Baekhyun asked admiring the scene from his seat on the leather couch.

"Yea," Taehyung answered before he abandoned the phone and his glass on the coffee table. He extinguished the cigarette in the crystal made dish to straighten his clothes doing the few final buttons of his blue dress shirt looking to the young man seated near: "Is everything going to be alright?"

"I don't know," Tae said, he held the glass up drinking the last contains its liquid as Baekhyun looked at him, waiting for the answer he wanted to hear.

"Tae?!" He was asking for a sentimental assurance and Taehyung was the one to give them. But with the long look they shared Baekhyun knew, it was out of Tae's ability: "I'm sorry, I wish I can say it is. We don't know yet."

"Will you call me? I need to know what's happening."

"I'll." It was what Tae promised placing a hand on Baekhyun shoulder, he was worried but so was Baekhyun no one could make the white lie promising everything is going to be alright.

It felt like it was the longest drive Tae has to do to reach Martina's resistance he saw her walking back and forth like she was losing her mind on the sidewalk put of her apartment: "Martina!"

"Tae! The thanks, god." She said with her accented Korean

"What's going on?!" He asked as she secured the seat belt clip: "The policia just called me saying that they found Joon's car in Jeju."

"But Joon he's in Hong Kong, I drove him to the airport today."

"It can be a mistake. This can be a mistake." She murmured slowly when Tae started the engine driving to Incheon Airport.

Martina never liked when Joon was abroad. Few thousand miles away from the place where they called home, but tonight she prayed he's nowhere near that home they shared.

~°○°~

Author's Note

Will Joon be in Hong Kong? Can the police report be a mistake? Guess you have to wait to find out.

Thank you for your lovely response to this from the very beginning, I can't believe this was featured twice and taking a noticing rank.