Act I- Scene II

The sun was leaving the first traces of its light on the sleeping endless landscape of watered fields of rice. The dirt fluxed with air indicating deserted route they were following to reach the police station were she received the news.

"Holá?, you reached Kim Namjoon, please leave a message." Martina heard the same words until she couldn't make sense out of them, until the words became meaningless with no one replying to her messages.

Taehyung didn't speak a word for the whole ride and Martina really appreciated the silence he provided. She didn't know what she was thinking for the whole ride. She was-... she was scared. Scared because it's not what Joon promised, scared because at times like this she would of called him, the simple words on the phone which were never enough for her became everything she wants from Namjoon right now.

"We are here." Taehyung announced looking at her, he couldn't miss the worried look on her face. He clipped the seat belt off waiting for her: "You alright?" She nodded. It was a terrible lie because she wasn't even close to that.

"It can't be him, Tae." She shook her head as she said: "he's in Hong Kong, he's sleeping in god knows what hotel keeping his phone silence and he won't answer me."

Tae didn't know what to say, he couldn't give this assurance, but he could just try for the sake of his sister in law. He nodded with a brief smile, he owed it to Joon.

She unlocked the door stepping out of the car, the cool humid wind blew straying few strands of her short hair causing them to fall of her tired face.  She held it back walking toward the old building with the police sign on, she walked in their when she saw few officers in there she approached the one behind the desk asking: "I'm Kim Martina. I received a call from police chief about finding the car of my husband."

"Mrs. Kim, please follow me." The young officer said leading her toward the old office where a man was seated behind the desk: "Chief, Mrs. Kim."

"Thank you for coming. Would you please follow me?"

"Yea, yea sure." She said looking at Taehyung who stood few meters away.

"As I said on the phone we found the car, but it'll take sometime before they take it out. But we were able to find a body we need you to identify if this man is your husband."

"It can't be-..." she was cut off by the door that chief opened violently, she could a man with lab coat standing there: "Chan, thank you for coming at this hour." The tall male smiled shortly as he put his gloves on: "call me anytime."

"She's the wife, please let her identify him." The chief spoke leaving room for Martina to walk closer to the metal made table: "Whenever you ready." She looked to the man before she nodded.

The white layer of cloth was taken away revealing the blue skin and the scarily familiar features that Martina knew: "Is that him Mrs. Kim?" The chief asked.

She didn't say anything, she reached for his cold hand making a small clutch on the lifeless skin: "Is that your husband Mrs. Kim?" She didn't say anything, she just had to wait.

She just hoped that someone would say that it's not him, that the lifeless man was a terribly looking like Joon, but no one said anything: "I'm sorry but we need your confirmation."

"It's him." Tae said placing a protective arm around Martina who was looking away of her husband body: "It's him, it's Kim Namjoon. He's my brother."

"I'm sorry for your lost, Sir."

Martina couldn't contain the tears, but she couldn't cry. Not a single tear, this wasn't real to her. She couldn't believe it, it can't be Joon.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Martina." Tae said placing soft kisses on her hair, she didn't say anything back, she looked one last look to the body, the familiar features were so foreigner to her.

"Do you want to leave this place?" Taehyung asked.

"Are we going to leave him here? I mean alone?" It took her a moment to realize what she just spoke.

"May I talk to you for a second Mrs. Kim?" Chief said. She took a few second to build her act up faking a brief smile with a nodded: "Sí."

"You don't have to do this, I can go instead." Taehyung said stopping her from following the police man.

"Sorry, but I need to know what happened." She told him before he let her go, of course the police is talking to her about what happened. It's a mystery how Joon was here, dead by all means in Jeju while he was meant to be in Hong Kong till the weekend. He couldn't help but to ask the quwstion Martina asked What did Joon do in Jeju?!

"We think it's a suicide." The chief said.

"What?!" She was shocked, the pieces of the puzzle scared before her mind didn't made sense for the slightest.

"Do you have any idea if your husband had any kind of problems that could of led to his death?"

"Joon wasn't in any kind of trouble, he wasn't struggling with anything mentally, if anything Joon was the most stable man I've ever met."

"But we still believe it's suicide."

"It must be a mistake. Joon would never hurt himself, ever!"

"Based of the forensic report your husband overdosed cocaine, the rates found in his blood stream were too high, there were no signs of struggling on his body and the doors were locked when we found him eliminating any suspicious of a killer in this case."

"My husband wasn't dealing drugs."

"The forensic report state that he wasn't. That's why we think he did it on purpose."

"Why would he want to kill himself? Joon and I are planning a future together, we are happy. I was going to get the promotion in few weeks, he was making a new expanses in China, we had no trouble."

"You were." He made sure to confirm even if seemed to hurt her.

"I'm not saying what he did is justified, but there's probably a reason for it." He said placing her husbands belongings on the desk.

"That's what we found in your husband car."

A plastic bag contained his phone and his wallet, along with his passport and few tickets from Hong Kong to Jeju.

"I'm sorry for you loss." The chief said before he left the room leaving her alone with the plastic bag.

She took his passport out looking instantly for the seal feom the airport.

She found it dated with yesterday date.

Joon didn't committ suicide, her husband wasn't that coward who was going to throw their life away that easily. Joon was murdered no matter what the police chief said.

She walked out of the office finding Tae speaking on the phone in the waiting area.

He was fast to end when she spoke: "I need to find out what was Joon's business here."

~°○°~

Author's Note

Thank you so much for the comments. You guys are incredibly nice and I hope you enjoy this story.

Note that we are in the same act means we didn't reach its peak yet.