Act II - Scene IV

It seemed like Martina was fearless coming to the funeral she knew that she wasn't welcomed at. Dressed in perfect black dress that she knew Joon would loved it dearly, it was like a sick joke wearing his favorite dress when he can't even see it.

"You look tired. Did you sleep at all?" Taehyung said smiling politely to a family member when Martina turned to leave him: "Whoa, there. Everybody is looking! Why leaving out of the sudden." He said holding her arm still.

"Because this is not what I wanted for Joon and you knew it." She said pointing toward the render glass where Joon's casket could be seen.

"Seriously, are you going to fight with me because you don't like Joon's tie?!" Taehyung tried to shake some sense into her.

"I didn't buy him that tie, the best I know this could be Sul's who knows?!" She said angrily sipping her drink for some false feel bravery.

"Who's Sul?" Taehyung was confused. Martina didn't want to speak about her right now, not today, not here: "no one. She's meant to be no one."

"Okay, just-… don't be mad. I can't take it, if you're not talking to me I'll have to be there next to appa, you know how bad this can be."

"I don't care. You went against my wishes maybe appa wishes can do you better now."

"You're so mean!" Taehyung complained when they both turned to meet Sehun who said: "How are you doing?"

"You're late." Taehyung said looking to his watch seeing that's already pasted the invitation.

"Can we walk out of here? It's getting stuffy in this place." Martina said throwing a hand in her hair removing the stray strands away of her sight.

She made her way out to the backyard garden leaving crowd of business men who were shamelessly making deals in their friend's funeral. She set on the swing set; the blue watered pool was presenting summertime sadness with the clear of its water.

She rested her head on the cord watching the reflection of sunrays on the white walls thoughtlessly, Sehun stood next to her eyeing the same view that seemed to capture her gazing.

He was dressed in a black dress-shirt and black pants with folded ends; he was hanging his suit over his shoulder in a careless way. He seemed tired, they both were Martina wanted to sleep this whole day off, she really wanted to but she couldn't. The thoughts of her husband cheating on her with another hunted her, was he the man she knew he was? She didn't know, she wasn't sure of who's Joon anymore.

"I didn't know you were going to be late." She spoke, he nodded as he answered: "I took pills, I overslept I'm sorry."

"Is it your head again?" She asked shortly, he nodded humming a small 'yea' for her to hear: "you have to get that checked."

"I'm on medication, it's under control." He told her, he wasn't used to this. To be the topic of her concern. Martina missed details, or simply didn't like to go through them; he's completely surprised to hear her words of concern.

"What are you planning to do in Jeju?" Sehun asked, he always asked the impossible questions for her to answer.

"I want to find the truth about who killed Joon. That's what I plan to do in Jeju." She said simply knowing he was going to urge her, of course he would. It's Sehun.

"Are you sure that the killer there in that island?" Sehun asked.

"Do you suspect someone?" The question Sehun asked had so many possibilities a million one that she couldn't put in words.

"It can be someone from his work? Namjoon had a lot of enemies. But he was kind; do you think it was money related? Revenge of some kind? Do you think it was his own family-…"

"Or it could be no killer at all, Martina. It could be just as the police said, Joon just made the wrong choice because he couldn't think straight. Because something was going out of control."

"That's impossible, Joon is not the man to do that. I know him, I knew him for so long to tell."

"Did you really? Did you really know him?" Martina was shocked not by the question but more because it came from Sehun.

"I lived with him for years. I know that he wasn't the kind of man to run away from responsibilities."

"If you knew him that well, you should of known about his affair two years ago." Sehun didn't realize the impact of his words until they hit her.

"You knew?!" She was shocked.

"I'm sorry, I-… I didn't."

"You did knew that my husband cheated on me for years, there's no way it was me who told you that. You knew!" She stood up facing Sehun who took few steps back.

"You know and you let it happen!"

"What did you wanted me to say?'Martina, I'm sorry but you're husband is a bustard for cheating on you with a collogue!' Just tell me what I should have done when I knew?! Because there's no way for me to be the one to break your marriage."

"Did it ever occur to you that I'd need to know? Maybe, if you did back then Joon would still be alive."

She drove her car to Jeju it took much longer to be there, but it was better than facing Joon's family in the funeral, she a stranger to Joon's world her only connection to them was her husband but now after his death there was no family left for her neither in Seoul nor in the whole Korea. She was lonely again just like when she first moved from I' Albufera.

But back then she had him, the man she hide away from in the corridors of Jeju's House of Ballet afraid he's going to take her down with every dance on the edge, because men like him didn't care where their lives took them. They were fearless and she had her fears.

~°○°~
Author's Note

I have oral test in like 3 hours and I'm sleeping when I'm supposed to be! It's like 03:05 AM right now >.<. I hope you like the update; I'm trying to give you all the updates in the world because I'll have to stop eventually for finals. 

I know you're getting too little answers, but everything will be revealed at the right time. Everyone wondering who's this guy from Martina's past, right? I didn't leave clues but trust me you'll never guess him because it meant to be hidden –maybe will be revealed next scene? Yeah probably-. Questions? Comments? All welcome.