Act III Scene II

It brought her memories. Not a pleasant ones but they were her memories, she had to live with those retention, even when she wasn't just good at dealing with especially when those memories were triggered by small action like accidently shattering a glass.

"¡Lo siento!" Martina repeated apologetically as she walked away from the small crowd in her house. She didn't look to anyone, she wouldn't dare see the judgement in their eyes at her anxiety.

She climbed the stairs with fast steps, she didn't stop to look at her step sister who kept asking if she was fine. She walked into the bedroom closing the door to damping the noise out there with the click of the door's locks.

She wasn't suppose to cry just because a glass shattered by a guest in her party, she wasn't suppose to be locking herself in her bedroom just because her memories of him were still hunting her.

"Martina?!" She could hear Joon on the other side of the door, he tried to open the door but the locks stopped him: "Martina, would you let me in please?"

"I need to be left alone. Can you leave me alone. Necesito un momento, por favor."

"Claro. Sin problema! I'll be waiting here." Joon said, she took few paper tissues from the box dry her face and removing her ruined mascara.

She couldn't let him see her in tears today, not when he's the one who wanted to celebrate her first role as a soloist ballerina.

She opened the door looking for him he was standing out there holding glass of golden drink as he said: "Do you want to stay hidden in here for a bit? I can tell it's too crazy down there."

"Your mom is going to be upset."

"She'll find another reason to be upset anyway. At least I'm giving her a decent one."

"You're a terrible son, Joon."

"Oh, do you think eomma will hate me even more?"

"I don't think she hates you, she's more of angry at you because of me. ¡Lo siento, Joon!"

"For what?" She sighed taking the drink he just offered: "For being an embarrassment to you."

"Ah! You are not an embarrassment. Where did that come from?!" He asked sipping his drink as they both leaned on the rail of the small balcony.

"I'm scared Joon, I'm just scared and I don't even know why." She admitted because he was no stranger to her feelings, she trusted him because it how it been for them, give as much as you take and he gave her his secrets so she wanted to give him hers even when he assured her that she didn't have to.

"Did you think of him?" She looked at Joon, it was worrying her sometimes the way he could guess the things she couldn't tell him.

"Have you thought he'll walk past our front door?!" Joon asked, his tone failed to hide the acrimoniousness he felt.

"Lo siento." She said feeling guilty, she shouldn't tell him, Joon shouldn't have known about her past.

"You can't apologise for something that wasn't your fault." He sighed.

They both heard a knocking on the door: "Joon? Martina? Is everything okay?" They both heard Liza's  voice through the door.

"I'll answer her, are you going to be okay?" He asked.

"Sì, sì." She repeated sitting in the edge of their bed, Joon nodded before he walked toward the door: "Abrázame."

"Pardon?!"

"Hug me, hug me Joon por favor." She felt his arms around her. The smell of his lavender fragrance was soothing to her anxiety.

"Joon-... I don't want you to leave."

"I won't leave."

She felt her breath being suffocated: "Joon-..."

"I won't leave."

"Joon I can't breath!"

"I won't leave."

She felt her lungs were filled with water, darkness started to drawn her.

A melodic sound was being heard when Martina opened her eyes.

It was just a dream!

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked.

No, it was a nightmare.

"Martina?" Sehun repeated when she looked at him: "What are you doing in my place?"

"I was leaving your dress for tomorrow's practice. I didn't know you were home so early. I-... I heard you were crying and I was worried something was wrong."

"Gracias, Sehun."

"If you need anything I'll be here tomorrow morning." She nodded when she heard her phone ringing.

"It's been ringing for a while now." Sehun noted before he picked the files he left earlier on the nightstand.

She checked the caller's ID, it was Yixing: "Holà."

"Hey, Martina. Uh-... do you, you wanna meet? I want to apologise for the texts that been sent to you and I wanna explain it."

"I-... I'd like to meet you too."

"Can we meet in the bar? I'll be off in few minutes. I'll wait for you."

"Yea, sure."

She threw a hand in hair messy hair when Sehun asked: "Are you leaving already?"

"I think I've stayed in here enough."

"You stayed home in your day off?!"he asked.

"I didn't have anywhere to go." She said opening her closet.

"You could of called me. I'm your friend, I mean you sure know that, right?"

"Claro."

"Who you're meeting?"

"A friend and I have to get ready."

"Oh, you-... you want me to leave?!" She shrugged and he nodded: "okay, I'll see you-... tomorrow I guess."

Martina was sitting in the bar when she saw Yixing approaching her. His face was bruised a wound was stitched under his eyes. He seemed generally tired and he barely stood without the help of the set of crutches.

"You okay? What happened?" She helped him to have a seat.

"I had an accident, but I was lucky."

"I'm glad you're."

She couldn't miss the small smile on the corner of his lips: "you are so kind, Martina."

"I heard you are a dancer. I good one too. I'm glad you'll be fine."

"No one will be ever good as LuHan." Hearing his name made her anxious.

"About those messages. I'm listening."

"Uhmm, what do I say! My friends were trying to pull a prank on you, they thought stupid things."

"Yea?!"

"Yea."

"What kind of things? Why would they want to pull a prank on me." She was confused.

He seemed embarrassed as he cleared his throat: "to be honest, they thought we're dating."

"What?!" She was laughing in disbelief.

"I'm sorry I don't really know how did they get that thought. But they thought it was funny, I'm sorry."

She knew she couldn't really believe it, the way Yixing talked to her wasn't like a warning of a prank, it was like a serious warning of a criminal.

Did Yixing try to hide his connection to LuHan? Was LuHan right about suspecting him of what happened to Joon?!

~°○°~
Author's Note

Holá. Another update because why not. My next final exam going to be next Monday so I'm trying to update frequently.

Hope you liked the chapter, I'll do my best to give another one tomorrow as well and I'll start to move the story a bit.