Act III Scene IV

《Brief Mention of Suicide, Description of violence》

~°○°~

She placed the file before the chief as she said: "Would that be enough evidence to prove that Joon was murdered?"

The chief looked at her before he reached for the file. The manilla contained archive of someone's email,  he asked: "What is this?"

"This is the personal email of someone who knew my husband right before his death, I'm not sure what was their connection but I'm convinced that they had some sort of friendship that ended somehow."

She placed a photo of Joon, Yixing and Sul, it was takem somewhere near the beach, the three of them were smiling and it was alien to Martina to see Joon share his smiles with someone else. If it wasn't for the sake of finding the truth she wouldn't printed that photo.

The policeman looked at it as he said: "So you think Yixing killed your husband." His voice failed to hide his exhaustion of having this talk with her.

"I'm not sure if he did officer, but he's suspicious enough to make me believe that he's somehow connected to the murderer if he wasn't the one himself."

"What make you think that way?" He asked reading the papers before him when she said: "this is my husband phone log. He was regularly calling Yixing, especially on the weekends, they talked more than once in the same night however the phone calls didn't last more than two minutes."

"You called your husband frequently that doesn't make you a suspect."

"Officer, I'm being serious. Someone claimed that Yixing apartment had an evidence of something could be the evidence of Joon's murder."

"Mrs. Kim. Remember what I told you, your husband body didn't have any sort of violence on it." The police officer was tired he been up the while night in the station of hit and run case, he wasn't ready to hear whatever she had to say, the case was too clear to be reinvestigated. The only problem was the fact that the wife couldn't accept the conclusion.

"Can you at least look into it? I mean Yixing place." Martina followed the officer who put the file away before he walked out of his office.

"I don't have that kind of authority, I don't have a warrant and most importantly I don't have a reason to get one."

"Couldn't this be enough reason? Someone was blackmailing Yixing about something he did to Joon. Someone actually knew something about what Yixing did. He could be a witness."

"Unless you have this person ready to talk in the police station this is exactly where I have to lead you to the door Mrs. Kim."

"I believe you can't throw away such an evidence, it's clear now that someone has some motive to kill Joon."

"And what is that motive exactly?"

"I'm not sure, but we can-..."

"Apologies but I have a job to do." He said interrupting her words, she was left speechless. How could a police officer act this way!

"Mrs. Kim? Do you wanna have a seat?" The younger police officer offered her, she didn't give a thought about it too shocked with the chief reaction. Of course she didn't expect him to welcome her effort with impressive look and 'well done Mrs. Kim', she knew what she has wasn't worthy of a warrant but she hoped that such evidence could awaken his sense of justice to reopen the case and find the murderer of her husband.

'Min Yoongi' was written on the name tag of the young police officer who placed a cool glass of water before her as he said: "I'm sorry about what happened to your husband, Mrs. Kim." She didn't say anything back, because no one was sorry enough here to listen to her, no one believed that her beloved husband wasn't the man to take his life no matter how hard she tried to prove it.