Words of Wisdom

“There is nothing more boring, than playing against an opponent who has given up!”Aomine Daiki.

The main reason to why Aomine Daiki, began to slack in playing basketball after a match with another team when he was still in middle school along with everyone else in the Kiseki no Sedai. I can understand why Aomine felt and said such words despite being a sportsman himself.

There is nothing more interesting than trying to beat and stay ahead of someone, by using each ounce of your strength and mind. Humans made to be competitive; it was a drive that was naturally build in each one of us.

 Now, how many of you would say ‘Aye’ to me, if I ask you, have you ever felt bored doing something that you always do to keep ahead of your rivals/opponents/friends/enemies after they gave up? I know I would say ‘Aye.’ 

To give you an example, I am a heavy gamer that stays in the gaming world daily. I have enemies and rivals in there. It is a game where everyone struggles and strives to be better than others are. I have been in this game for over 5 years, one of the few old players that still sticking around, while many others has quitted. Now, for three years after the old rivals/enemies left, there was no one else left for me to keep up all. Do you know what happened when your old rivals/enemies given up to play after you put so much time into the game to be stronger than they did? YOU GET BORED! I GET BORED! All I do is just standing around doing nothing; do you know how boring it is?

WHY?! Because, there is no more opponent/enemies/rivals for me to keep up! The drive that kept me going higher and stronger has disappeared, gone, poof into thin air! The game I used to love is nothing more than a game I logged on just for the sake to show up.  So, that is why I KNOW how Aomine felt when he played against the opponents who have given up after he puts so much time into the sports he loved. His competitive spirit was gone and only when Kagami Taiga shows up, he began to love the game again. It goes the same to me, until someone stronger than me shows up or someone that threatens to take my spot shows up, the game will stay boring.

“No matter how weak, small, or unknown, any team can fight as long as they work together. “ Midorima Shintaro

That is true. Saw how Seirin begins with a small team and manage to plow their way through the Winter Cup just by that small number of players? It was because they worked together no matter how big the hurdle they had to face at each match. Alternatively, have you seen how Shutoku worked together, no matter how bad their Tsundere Ace acted towards them but they still have that teamwork? It was because they share the same aim, same goal, and the same dream with this Midorima Shintaro.

This proves that no matter how small, weak, or unknown, a team can fight and win as long as they work together towards what they aimed for.

So, how does this work in the real world?

To me, this quote falls under various situation. Whether it’s a sports team, a class group work, at work regardless if its labor work under the hot sun or in the cool office or wherever it may be, there has to be somewhere out there a small group of people working together on something. A big number of people do not determine the outcome of a better result; even the smaller group can as well produce good results in their work.

For example of a real life situation - A post office receives and delivers hundreds of thousands of even millions of mails and packages every day.  No matter how many workers they hired to deliver these mails, it will never be enough but they also worked out a way, by assigning each of these postman to a certain neighborhood, and then will stuff all the area assigned mails to this postman and by the end of the day, each mail safely delivered to each house without problem.

Why? It was because they worked together. Faithfully follow their assigned area without causing problems to other workers. If they did not follow this, I can assure you, we will not be seeing our mails/packages arriving safely. It would probably end up somewhere to some stranger house or to some other part of the country or even worst, at the other side of the world.

How can this group work their way out of their problem having small, weak, unknown people in their group? First, you must observe and get to know better of their skills/ability/talent/number of people. Second, you will assign each of your member’s to a specific task of the project/sport/target/aim. At the end of the day, you will be combining each of your tasks into one.

Without working together, you will be running around like a headless chicken.  Without it, there will not be any satisfying results. Whether you are a stranger or friends to one another, the key is to understand them instead of bickering at each other throats, and then from there on, the teamwork will slowly build into the strongest bond among that small group of people.