Chapter 7- One That I Want

One That I Want- PUBLIC

LOOK AT THIS GORGEOUS MOODBOARD MADE BY @torianneaesthetics on INSTAGRAM FOR SANYA!!! IT'S GORGEOUS.

---

The Pevensies, along with Caspian and Sanya, were in one of the enormous apartment-sized sitting rooms of the palace.

It was raining hard outside and the atmosphere was lazy, peaceful and quiet.

Sanya lay on one of the couches- this particular room had a very homey and comfortable feel to it- with headphones on, music playing so loud she could hear nothing else, a book in her hands and her legs on Edmund's lap (the two kept stealing glances at each other and just kept missing each other) who himself was playing chess with a (losing) Caspian, whose girlfriend Susan chatted quietly with her brother Peter about something related to some new law, while their b̶a̶b̶y̶ sister Lucy stared out at the torrential November downpour, feeling so very bored and restless.

"This is boring." Lucy jumped up and announced once she couldn't take it any longer, about 4 minutes later.

Edmund, having won for the 3rd time that evening, looked up and rolled his eyes. "Thank you for that observation, Queen Obvious."

Lucy ignored him and turned her beeseechingly-big blue eyes to her other elder siblings. "Can we please, please play something? Inside, obviously, but..."

"What do you suggest?" Peter, never able to say 'no' to Lucy, asked.

"Hide and seek!" Susan said wickedly before Lucy could say anything but it was clear that the younger Queen agreed wholeheartedly with her sister.

"What is hide and seek?" Caspian asked blankly before frowning. "Is it as the name suggests? We will hide and someone will seek us?"

"You've hit it right on the nose" Edmund confirmed before adding quietly to himself, "surprisingly."

He then tapped Sanya's pajama clad leg (it was raining and I would be indoors unfortunately all day, so obviously no need for gowns, and hence I wore pajamas and Ed's tunic, was her reasoning) to bring her back into their world. He wanted to ask her opinion, if she -hopefully- also didn't want to play, he wouldn't have to either.

Sanya slid the headphones off her ears and put down her book. "What?" Had he caught her looking at him?

"Do you want to play hide and seek?" He asked and her face lit up and she swung her legs off Ed's lap, pausing the music.

She nodded energetically. "Yes! The kids in my paara, er, lane, we all used to play together, I love hide and seek!"

Edmund grinned. "Sounds like a good plan!" He announced eagerly. "Lucy, you seek."