Chapter 18- I Found A Way

I Found A Way- Drake Bell

Two days before Sanya's 18th birthday-

"He just won't stop crying!" Caspian himself was nearly crying as he rocked Rillian back and forth in his arms, having recently taken him from Susan, who had tried to quieten him down for three hours.

"But only when he enters the nursery." Edmund said helpfully from his perch atop a cabinet.

Lucy nodded, enjoying herself in the rocking chair, "He was fine when Ed and I were taking him along the Gardens."

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" Peter asked blankly- his riding session with Sanya had been cut short by a messenger who had informed them that there was an emergency; which made them promptly ride back to the castle as quick as possible.

"Not you, you're terrible with children." Susan rolled her puffy eyes, surrounded by dark circles.

"Seriously, you tried to give me beer when I was barely four." Edmund said, shaking his head.

"I was only 7, I thought it was juice!" Peter defended- this had been such a long, ongoing and neverending argument in their family.

"Anyway-" Lucy said "Rillian adores Sanya-" Sanya grinned happily at that, still a little in surprise at the fact "and she's good with children, because-"
But the not-so-little Queen broke off, looking guilty.

"Because I had a brother who was nearly a decade younger than me." Sanya ended, her headband slipping an inch. "You can mention my family without me falling apart, you know."

"That's because you're strong."

"Precisely, she's a strong person."

The Pevensie brothers looked at each other in surprise, having uttered the sentences at the same time.

Sanya looked at them oddly for a moment before turning back to Lucy.
"Just- I'm not made of glass, okay?" Once Lucy had nodded, she went on, "So I- try to calm Rillian down?"

"Please." Susan and Caspian said together, the latter holding up their son to her.

She was vaguely reminded of that movie- the one with the cartoon lions- what was it? She kept forgetting details about her previous life and her world, and it was getting on her nerves.

"Hey, nugget." She cooed softly, lifting him up to look into his dark eyes.

For a moment, he stopped crying and everyone sighed in relief.

She started rocking him, turning around and he immediately started wailing again.

Sanya turned around to see what he had seen- his cries stopping again- and burst out, "What the hell is that?"

"It is a Telmarine soldier. It was my only toy growing up." Caspian said, getting up and bringing down the doll from a shelf.

Lucy thought of how sad that was.

"Is it naked?" Edmund asked in horror, sliding off the cabinet and plucking the ventriloquist dummy resembling thing out of his brother-in-law's hand. It must have been about the same size as Lucy was when she had first come to Narnia.

"No. I mean- er, I had lost its original clothes and I had nothing to replace it." The King blushed in embarrassment.

"The Lion King!" Sanya suddenly yelled and everyone turned to look at her and she reddened. "Nothing. Just an inner monologue. Anyway, it appears we've found the culprit."