Chapter 15- Happier

Happier- Marshmello and Bastille

Late Sept:

Susan had been trying (and failing) to teach Sanya logical and strategic methods in chess for two whole hours when a male servant skidded in to the Chamber they were sitting in.

"My Majesty, your Lady- I mean, Your Highness- no, I-"

"Spit it out!" The Gentle Queen's temper was always high these days.

Sanya took this distraction as a chance to stuff the chess pieces back into the box- she had wanted to learn chess because Ed loved it so much but she clearly had no analytical mind and Susan was not a patient teacher in her hormonal state.

"The Dawn Treader's been spotted coming in to harbour, Your Majesty." He finally managed the right title.

"Already?" Susan queried, while her companion helped her up.

"Are you disappointed?" Sanya asked incredulously, rolling her eyes.

Susan shot her a look as the servant stuttered out, "Yes, already- do you wish I arrange a carriage?"

"We can walk-"

"You're 7 months along, no, we can't." She turned to the servant and said politely, "Yes to the carriage."

"Yes, yo-my Lady." He bowed his head to them both before running out the room.

Susan and Sanya shared a giddy smile before they walked out of the room.

-

"Edmund and Caspian slept with each other!" An overly excited Lucy announced loudly as she threw her arms around the waiting brunettes.

"Do stop saying that, Lucy." Caspian grumbled as he pried his wife free from her sister's grasp and pulled her into a hug. "You look wonderful."

"You went for my brother?" Susan and Sanya both asked in unison, Edmund just coming into the reunion as well.

He rolled his eyes. "Lu's making it sound worse than it is, OBVIOUSLY. We had a sword fight on Dragon Island-"

His girlfriend's eyes went wide. "There were dragons??" She asked excitedly but shook her head, "Nope, later, go on, speak."

"Well- Peter was there in the sword fight too-"

"Kinky."

Edmund ignored her second interruption. "And other than that, there were some unexpected passengers, so Cas-pian and I had to double up in a bunk for a few nights. Nothing happened."

"So they say." Peter laughed from behind them. "Su, you look-"

"Yes?" His sister asked dangerously.

"Radiant. Glowing. How is my future nephew or niece faring in the womb?" The High King was in a hurry to change the subject.

"Well. Hardly any kicking but the amount of pressure on my spine and my bladder-"

"Is something none of us wish to hear." Edmund ended, sure Susan had only picked that particular topic to torment them. "Except maybe Caspian, but it's his duty to hear it."

Susan scowled at him, and consequently turned to her husband, who looked none too pleased but did endure the topic.

Lucy and Peter fell into conversation as Sanya turned to her boyfriend, though she was unsure of what to say.

"How're you?" Edmund asked awkwardly, feeling his palms go clammy.

She didn't answer his question, "You cut your hair, didn't you? Uff, it's growing back all STRAIGHT."