Chapter 26- I Wanna Be Yours

I Wanna Be Yours- Arctic Monkeys

"How is she?" Peter asked as soon as Lucy reentered the room. She had been having a rather long talk with the head doctor. He looked back at the unconscious girl in the bed beside him, her usual animated and expressive self pale and limp. "Will she- w-"

Lucy hastened to answer, forseeing the end of his question, "She'll live, Peter, of course she will. I don't know how she managed to hold on for so long, with a crushed foot and the amount of blood she lost, but I got my cordial to her in the nick of time. She just needs to rest now. Oh-" She added, having almost forgotten, "if she wakes up, don't let her walk now. Her foot won't be fully healed for a while."

Caspian looked up from his seat beside the wounded's bed- he too looked pale, "Will there be any lasting effects?"

"No." Susan, who'd been speaking to the rest of the doctors, spoke. "She'll need crutches or a cane for some time, and she won't be able to sleep on her stomach comfortably- probably ever- but otherwise, she'll be alright."

Edmund had been listening at the door, and he heaved a silent sigh of relief, before entering the room.
He was still wearing the tunic with Sanya's blood on it, and he was even paler than usual, his hair and eyes starkly contrasting to his face, but he tried to smile at his family.
"I talked to Philip. He heard Sanya scream out for him, and rode to her. When he reached, she was slumped up against a tree, covered with blood, and there was a dead soldier ahead of her." He swallowed. "We've got all the papers- documents- everything-"

"Everything that nearly cost Sanya her life." Lucy ended bitterly.

Peter's face contorted, but he said nothing.

"Yes, we got it all." Edmund confirmed quietly. "I've sent men to go round up the Lords and the others."

"At least something's good come out of this." Caspian spoke with a sigh, and got to his feet. "You should-"

"You all should go eat, or rest. I'll keep watch." Edmund said, taking his brother-in-law's vacated seat. "You've been here for hours, and Su, you're in a delicate-"

"Don't call me delicate." His sister cut him off at once, her voice firm. Nevertheless, she stood up as well. "But I do agree. Us fainting because we haven't eaten or rested won't do Sanya any good."

"We should check up on Rillian too." Her husband added.

"I'll come with you." Lucy said, joining them. "I need to lock up my cordial."

And in a minute, Peter and Edmund were left alone, with the unmoving figure of the girl they both loved.
In their heart of hearts, they wished to comfort each other, but let me tell you, it really isn't easy to do what you want to do, especially in such a situation- girl, girl's ex-boyfriend, girl's current paramour, while the girl's in love with both men and both men are brothers.
Awkward.

But even after a good few hours, Sanya had yet to wake up. She'd twitched a bit, moving her hand, flexing her foot or mumbling some garbled nonsense- the brothers would jump every time she did any of these- but she hadn't woken up.

"I'll go and check on how the arrests are going." Peter said, as night started to fall. "Can't trust Caspian to do everything."

Edmund appreciated his attempt at levity, but couldn't quite make that appreciation known.
"I should come too-"

"No, no." Peter insisted, glancing at Sanya again. "She shouldn't be alone. Knowing her, she'll see that she's not got her phone with her and freak out."
He cleared his throat, before continuing, "Just- when she wakes up-"