chapter 4. A life without the gang

The Doctor came in the waiting room. "Are you guys here for Willian W Williams?" He asked. Melinda quickly stood up but Grubber took the voice "yes... is he going to be alright?" The doctor noded "actually, he is doing better then before" he answered. Melinda got angry at the statement "what...do you mean he is doing better?" She asked "oh well he-" Melinda interrupted the doctor "BEING HIT ON THE HEAD MIGHT LEAD YOU TO DEATH AND YOU SAID HE US DOING MUCH BETTER THEN BEFORE?"the chihushua started screaming. her eyes in her angry state wich was turning black and hazel coloured with a pupil "I see your mis understanding, miss, you can see it by yourself" the whole gang bursted to Billys room. His head was fully bandaged. His one eye was visible. Melinda started to cry again. The doctor invited them to get in. They all did. At that time Billy opened his eye. He squinted at the bright light covering him. Then he slowly sat up. As he began to talk his whole gang were suprised "my...head... what happened?" He asked. Billy began to talk normal and getting smarter.  He looked at everyone, realizing he was at the hospital. "You are at the hospital, William! you made us worried sick" Grubber said. Billy looked at Grubber "you'been hit on the head by a vase from the ceiling!" Grubber answered "oh yeah... now I remember... Melinda's weird crush from high school..." Billy answered. The other two looked at Big Billy in shock. Billy looked at the dog. Melinda hugged him, crying. Billy comforted her "shhh its alright"  he said. The doctor came in "well, it seems your hit on the skull made your brain more functional" the doctor said "I noticed that already, thanks doctor." Billy said " there us a loooong timesssss to get usssed to the new Big Billy" Snake whispered. Lil Arturo noded.

A while passed. The Gangreen gang walked out of the hospital. Melinda walked forward "Good bye" she said "wait!  Will we see you again?" Arturo asked "I am afraid this is the last time I am gonna spend my time with you" Melinda answered. The gang got in shock "why?! Will you leave ussss behind like that?" Snake asked. You can clearly see he got upset "if I keep hang out with you worse things might happen... please... dont let me be the reason, why all of us got unluck... " Melinda said. Snake grabbed the dog on the jacked "you where the onessss who kept ussss together! Remember what we ssssswore the Powerpuff girlsssss back then?! We ssshould protect you no matter what!" He said "please... just stop it... you will just hurt yourself... " Melinda answered "Snake... let her go... its her own decision" Grubber said. Arturo got anxious around the situation. So were everyone. Snake let the chihuahua go. "I think we all need an out time in this point" Grubber said. "Finessss.... but let me tell you thissss... there'sss no need to feelss guilty. We all do as well..." Snake replied watching at Melinda. The gang split. This is how the gangreen gang discarded for a while. Everyone got their own ways. Lil Arturo worked as he mentioned in the night club, snake dealed with problems, Billy after he got released from the Hospital worked in a pet store. Grubber was the only one who could open Melinda for a bit. Since they barely got to speak.

The dog mostly spend her time in the Funreal, still grieving about Ace. She barely slept. Buttercup watched her. She felt pity for this broken female dog. She sat to her "hey, Mel' " she said. Melinda just looked at the black haired girl. Her eyes were at the edge red from crying too much and of the lack of sleep. "This really hits you..? " Buttercup asked. Melinda just looked at the floor "Even though I am upset at him, what he was trying to do with my sisters a long while ago, I cannot imagine a life without him... the gang without him" Buttercup explained "the gang split... its all better for us... I still have contact with Grubber. He takes now the situation very serious" Melinda explained. Buttercup was shocked as the dog mentioned that the gangreen gang split. "I am sorry about that..." Buttercup said "its fine.... I guess... Bubbles has now a really lovely coworker" Melinda answered Buttercup giggled "she sure does... he explained her how came since he.... became smarter... but still he sure does love animals" Buttercup said. Melinda smirked. "What are you gonna do now?" Buttercup asked "I am trying to coming back to my old job... or participating in any other cafès on Townsville" Melinda answered "it sure would help you getting over Ace's death.. " Buttercup said. Melinda noded. "Listen... we all will be here for you... try to see the bright side of the world again" Buttercup said and walked off. Melinda kept sitting infront of Ace's grave.

She caught a known smell. She immediatly snarled as dhe recognized the smell. The smell came from Julie the exgirlfriend of her Brother Tom. The chihuahua quickly turned around.  There she was. She always came up with different hair colours. This time she was dark blondem she had one braided strand of hair. She stood alone infront of the grave her Mother supposed to be. She stood up approaching her "Well well! When bad things happen they get the worse back!" She said snarling at her. Julie turned around in fear after what happened to her last time "why won't you join her?" Melinda asked. She snarled even more "you sh-" she started after she realized something. Ace never would want her to bully someone until the death. This wasn't right. Not even for the Gangreen gang she sighed "you should watch out until I rip off your flesh!" She said instead. Julie ran off. After that Melinda kneeled down holding her head. Even threatening didn't felt right. Her eyes turned black to a Hazel tone since she got upset again. She cried, feeling more guilty after the death of her loved one.

She stood up, heading her way home just to booze herself grieving even more. Why can't she just join Ace? This would let the fates forgive her blame and everything would be alright again. She would be happy in her afterlife. Day by day those thoughts got stronger. Grubber entered her house and what he could find was a wasted chihuahua lying in the dinning room. "Ugh... you gotta be kidding me!" He said to himself. Grubber carried the dog to her bed, tunking her up. He eve. Lied a bucket in case she puked. "Ace... if you see this... I am so sorry she does that to herself!" He begged on the ceilings. He sighed "I know how you hate it when she does that... well... lets hope it stays only alcohol... who knows what she might do to herself either" he said. He noticed a few pastel rainbow colored stripes. He realized these were scratches... no way... Melinda even cuts herself "oh dear.... this is how bad she takes the blame on her that you are gone... she loved you"  Grubber said. He looked at the poor dog for a little while more and then he decided to walk off the room.

At Night as he walked out, Grubber got a call. It was from big billy. He picked up "William?" He asked "hey... uhm... How is Melinda? " Billy asked. Grubber bit in his tounge "not so good... I found her really drunk in the dinning room" Grubber explained "shit... " Billy answered "whoah, William! I never heared you using such vulgar words" Grubber said "I am sorry... listen... I want her to get happy again. Its just hard for all of us... let her know we are still here, No matter what..."Billy said "I am gonna tell her that... The Gorillaz band want to spend time with her tomorrow anyway... this should be kept as suprise" Grubber said "you know with who Murdoc dealed to even make music" Billy mentioned. Grubber noded... "I hope HE has no plan to trick Melinda" Grubber said. "Well, I am getting tired now.... take care" Billy said "take care..." Grubber said and hung up. Grubber looked at the sky he sighed "Ace, what are we gonna do?" He asked.