18

A month later

Me and the gang walked in the cafeteria and as usual them niggas went straight to the line. I refuse to eat this nasty ass school food. That shit taste like that bullshit they be giving you in the county.

I went and sat at the table scrolling down my Instagram. I don't know why but something was telling me to look behind me. And when I did my heart dropped to my ass. 3 police officers stood at the door with principal Landon. That racist white fuck been fucking with me since freshman year.

"Bae.....bae" I heard making me look up

I looked at Niya and she had a worried expression on her face. That's when I actually stopped to think. I got a pistol, weed, and hella money on me. And so does everybody else.

The on top of that we're in the back of the fucking cafeteria. Now where to run, no where to hide.

"Niya, baby, um ima need you to do exactly as I tell you okay?" I said to her

Her eyes got watery but she quickly blinked the tears away.

"Whats going on?" She asked me with her voice slightly cracking

"I don't really have time to explain just listen to me okay? Here take this and put it in your bag" I told her stuffing all my shit in her purple north face book bag

After that I gave her my phone and my keys. The boys did the same and put everything illegal they had in her bag.

"There's a door at the end of the back hallway, it'll lead you to the back of the school where the V is take all of this and go" I told her looking in her eyes

"But...what about you?" She asked me hesitating

I looked back and saw the police and principal Landon making their way to the back table.

"Ima be ight ma, just go and ima call you. I promise" I told her

She wiped away the few stray tears that ran down her cheeks and nodded before she gave me a quick kiss and walked away. By the time they got to the table Niya was already halfway across he cafeteria. If she really had to she could just make a run for it.

"Devonte Meredith?" Some bitch ass white man asked me

"who's asking?" Menace spoke making me glance at him

"I'm detective Bradshaw from the rolesville police department. I just wanna ask you some questions" the tall white man spoke

But his gaze wasn't on menace. His eyes were locked on me. He stood about 6'5 a whole 5 or so inches taller than me and kind of buff for a white boy.

"Questions about what?" I asked him

"A little deli on the far end of town" he smirked

A part of me was relieved because that lick can't connect us to any of the people we done murked in any way shape or form. I'm pretty sure the police don't know that that's where satan hides all his illegal money. As far as they know it was just a random robbery.

"I don't know nothing bout no deli" I told him

"I'm sure you don't. Would you mind if we continued this conversation, downtown?" He asked

Even if i wanted to say no I couldn't. He's the police and can literally make me do anything he wants me to do. And for the time being all I can do is listen.

I looked at the gang then back to officer Bradshaw. I rather it be me than them.

"I don't mind at all" I said and Bradshaw grinned at me