29

The Next Day
Demon Pov

I woke up still on the couch. I opened my eyes and looked around seeing nobody was here. I checked the time on my phone and it was already 3 in the afternoon.

Damn. I got up and walked to the bathroom and took a piss before going into my room. I walked in and Niya scared the shit outta me. She was sitting up in my bed with her back against the wall watching tv.

When she saw me, she got up and tried to walk past me out the door.

"Where you going?" I asked her grabbing her by her waist

I've barely talked to my baby in days and I miss the fuck outta her.

"Home" she simply said trying to move my arms

"For what?" I asked still holding on to her

"BECAUSE THE ONLY FUCKING REASON I CAME OVER HERE WAS BECAUSE MEKHI TOLD ME TO. GET OFF ME!" She yelled

I hesitated for a minute but let her go after seeing how serious she was.

"What you mean Mekhi told you to?" I asked

She sighed and ran her hands down her face.

"Mekhi and your mom kept trying to wake you up for school this morning but you wouldn't wake up so they let you sleep. Then after school you were still sleep so Mekhi asked me to sit with you till you woke up. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't even be here" she rolled her eyes at me

That shit had me feeling some type of way. How she gone say the only reason she here because my brother told her to be. I'm so used to Niya doing shit just to make sure I'm good it hurt when she said she was only because Mekhi told her to be.

I guess I was quiet for too long because she scoffed and started walking towards the door.

"Niya wait!" I called after her grabbing her by her hand

"Stop touching me!" She stomped her foot in frustration

She was so mad it was like no matter what I do or say it's not going to fix anything.

"Im sorry about yesterday I was jus-" I was about to say but she cut me off

"Save it Devonte" she sighed holding her hand up

"But-" i tried to talk again but she cut me off

"But nothing. I told you if I left I wasn't coming back and you didn't give a fuck yesterday so don't try to act like you do today" and with that she left

Walked out the door and I felt so bad I couldn't even try to stop her. I don't blame her for leaving. Every time she tries to help me and shows me how much she loves me I snap on her.

And I really don't be meaning to it's just it be so much on my mind I don't know how to handle it all.

"MAN FUCK!" I yelled punching the wall

Niya changed a nigga for the better. And I just knew I was gone fuck it up some how. This exactly why I wasn't even tryna fuck with her at first and then I fucked around and fell in love.

I sat on the couch with my head in my hands thinking about I probably lost the best thing that's ever happened to me. With everything thats been happening I need Niya more than ever right now and she can't even stand being around me.

I know the way I treat her ain't right, but she just gone have to understand I say shit I don't mean outta anger. Like how am I supposed to keep calm when it's people outchea trying to kill me and my family every second of every day.