Chapter 1 - I Fell Asleep

It has been ten years since the outbreak of a strange virus that caused most of the living population of the world to be wiped out. Those who were able to survive the wrath of the virus until now were hiding behind the protection of the huge impenetrable walls of the last surviving cities around the world. For the unlucky ones who succumbed and got infected by the virus were either eliminated or became one of those horrifying beings with decaying bodies who craved the flesh of a living human being: zombies.

When the virus outbreak initially started in Europe, the citizens of Taiwan and the international community thought that it was something that would be contained immediately and that it would not reach their country. Unbeknownst to them, the different governments in Europe that tried to suppress and to contain the spread of the virus failed miserably. Although they tried to hide the severity of the outbreak as not to alarm the public and the international community, the people were able to figure out their governments' failure to resolve the problem. As panic arose amongst the European people, they tried to flee to other countries. This massive migration became problematic since those who were infected could further spread the virus.

Seeing the terrifying videos of what had happened to those who got infected, different countries immediately closed their borders and tightened their security against foreigners. Sadly, this did not work.

The virus gradually spread in different countries, which caused a worldwide outbreak. In a desperate attempt to eliminate the further spread of the virus, some countries decided to use their nuclear weapons to wipe out those who were infected. Unfortunately, this did not work neither.

Governments eventually were unable to function as the number of the infected increased astronomically. Some countries, however, were lucky. Taiwan, for example, was able to respond and adapt to the situation quickly. Although the virus also spread in the country, the government of Taiwan managed to come up with a solution: constructing huge and impenetrable walls in its important cities. With these huge walls, the cities were able to fend off the zombies. As long as they were able to eliminate zombies along the borders as not to have a huge horde of zombies, the survivors living in this kind of cities were safe. Aside from this, the government of Taiwan managed to maintain communication and transportation in different cities in the country. Because of this, the cities could still conduct trade and communicate with one another without a problem.

With the government still functioning in Taiwan, its society was somewhat still stable and peaceful. In addition, it was thanks to its intact security force that it managed to further secure its stability. Its military forces were in charge of protecting the borders and the only authority that were capable of venturing out of the city. On the other hand, the police forces were in charge of security within the cities.

Of course, this did not mean that life became better. Due to limited resources and a still increasing amount of infection, the population around the world was still decreasing. If this continued, then humanity would go extinct.

In order to prevent the extinction of humans, God took pity on his creations and had decided to bring a blessing to the world. One day, miraculous rains in different parts of the world occurred. This phenomenon that was so-called "Rain of Miracle" granted living beings with a supernatural power that would allow them to have a higher chance of surviving in the zombie apocalypse.

Within a day, news around the world about this phenomenon spread like wildfire. No one knew why the rain gave supernatural powers, but the people who received powers were delighted and thankful about it. God had not forsaken humanity!

Only a very small portion of the population received some kind of power. For most of the people who were not exposed to the rain, they could only shake their heads in disappointment.