Chapter 3 - Survey

[Day 2 After the Rain of Miracle]

[Location: H City at Taiwan, Taipei]

[Population: 24, 999]

"Shao Fei, I'm tired and it's hot. How many more houses do we have to go to?" Zhao Li An asked as he fanned himself with the clipboard that he was currently holding.

Shao Fei shook his head. "We only just got to ten houses and you're already complaining? Didn't you say that you wanted to work outside?"

"I didn't mean this kind of work though," Zhao Li An complained as he pouted. He wanted to work on a real case, possibly a murder case.

At the moment, the new team of the Supernatural Investigation Department was outside to survey people about whether they received new powers or not.

The team was divided into two groups. Shao Fei teamed up with Zhao Li An while Jun Wei was with Huang Yi Qi. Meanwhile, A Zhi stayed in the new office of the Supernatural Investigation Department in the police building in case the new team received any call or new assignments.

Going to their assigned areas to take surveys, everything went smoothly as the citizens who they surveyed were cooperating. The government had issued an announcement about the new department and its functions to the public this morning, so most of the people knew about the surveys.

Shao Fei and Zhao Li An walked to the next house.

"Excuse me. We're from the Supernatural Investigation Department and we would just like to conduct a survey," Zhao Li An said as he knocked on the old wooden door of the small house.

Observing the small house, it was quite dilapidated. The metal gate was broken and rusting. The paint of the exterior of the house was mostly peeled off. The glass windows were broken and the holes on them were taped. The plants of small garden found in front of the house were wilted already. It looked like no one actually lived in this place for a long time.

Less than a minute had passed when the door was opened as it creaked.

Zhao Li An immediately noticed the small kid who opened the door. He recognized that he was a foreigner. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin.

The little kid, who was wearing a simple white shirt with some dirt on it and blue shorts, looked shy as he was slightly hiding behind the door.

"Umm...hello...," the small kid said as he looked up to Zhao Li An.

Based on his assessment, the kid was around 6 to 7 years old. Zhao Li An could not help it, but smile after seeing the adorable shy expression of the little boy.

He kneeled and introduced himself and his partner to the kid. "Hello, my name is Zhao Li An and this is my partner, Shao Fei. What's your name?"

The kid looked at Zhao Li An who was smiling. Somehow, it made him feel comfortable, so he smiled back. He slightly moved away from the door and approached Zhao Li An.

Yet the moment he saw Shao Fei, he felt scared, so he went back behind the door to hide.

Zhao Li An knew that this was going to happen, so he faced his partner while shaking his head.

"I smiled at him though?" Shao Fei said while feeling wronged. Every time he interacted with kids, for some reason, they would hide or run away from him. He asked Zhao Li An for advice on how to approach kids properly since he (Zhao Li An) was great at handling them. Yet, no matter how hard he tried, kids still seemed not to like him. He thought that when he got his own family, his children might not like him. He even had a thought that maybe he should just give up on having his own family.