Chapter 5 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 2

"We're going back to the police department," Shao Fei stated as he started to drive.

"How about David?" Zhao Li An asked as he looked back at David who was walking away.

"Our priority is the thief," Shao Fei replied.

Zhao Li An was hesitant, but he could only nod.

The moment the two left 8th Street to go back to their police department, David looked back at the direction of the car while he was under the blinking illumination of an old light post. Afterwards, he continued to walk further into the dark alley and disappeared as he blended in the shadows.

Upon arrival at their destination, Shao Fei and Zhao Li An went directly to a separate room next to the interrogation room where the suspect was being questioned

Upon arrival at their destination, Shao Fei and Zhao Li An went directly to a separate room next to the interrogation room where the suspect was being questioned. They observed the situation through a filtered window where the people inside the interrogation room would be unable to see who was on the other side of the room.

"What were you doing around Mr

"What were you doing around Mr. Wu's property at night?" A Zhi who was sitting across the suspect asked with seriousness in his tone as he frowned. Inside the room, A Zhi was accompanied by Huang Yi Qi.

"I... I...just wanted to check on something..." the nervous bloodied faced man with a disheveled slightly long hair who was wearing broken glasses whispered as he looked down on the floor. Earlier when the suspect was caught, he was beaten up by one of the security guards of the mansion who caught him sneaking around at the owner's backyard. When the police arrived at Mr. Wu's property, they found that the suspect was tied up with a rope.

"What were you checking exactly or were you there to rob the Wu family?" A Zhi continued.

Quickly, the suspect looked up and shook his head. "No! no! I wouldn't dare rob Duke's family. I wouldn't..."

When Huang Yi Qi heard the name Duke, she suddenly became excited.

"Duke? Duke Wu? That famous artist? What's your relationship with him?" Huang Yi Qi asked with sudden enthusiasm. The female investigator loved to watch television shows when she had nothing else to do. Even though the world was suffering from the zombie apocalypse, entertainment such as television shows did not stop. Duke Wu could be considered as one of the top artists in Taiwan. He was handsome and tall. He has toned body and clear pale skin. Of course, his good looks were not the only good thing about him. He was also a quite talented actor and musician. This was part of the reason he was at the top of the entertainment industry.