Chapter 2 - Supernatural Investigation Department

After a successful attempt at diverting the chief's attention from Shao Fei. Zhao Li An and the others made a huge sigh of relief.

"Thank you guys for helping me out with the boss," Shao Fei said with a smile on his face.

"We know how stubborn you are. Besides we've been doing this for years already," Zhao Li An chuckled.

Everyone in the team nodded and laughed. After their small discussion, they continued their interrogation with the gangsters. Lao Ke's gang including Lao Ke himself was sent to prison. Unfortunately for Jack, before they could even interrogate him, he was taken away by the military department. It was quite unusual that the military would interfere with the police department's affairs, especially when it involves Tang Yi's group. Of course, Shao Fei and the others could not interrogate the people of the military department about their relationship with Tang Yi's group since they have higher authority than the police department. Shaking his head with disappointment, Shao Fei could only let them go. He would not be able to interrogate Jack even if he took him by force.

For Zhao Li An and the others, this scene was considered normal. Every time they took someone from Tang Yi's group, that person would be taken away by the military department. They still did not know the connection between them, but they did not have the authority to ask.

Even though they had been pursuing Tang Yi's group for years now since that incident, Shao Fei had still not received any sort of lead that would prove that Tang Yi was actually involved in that incident. Zhao Li An, who had been with Shao Fei in helping him find evidence, knew how important this case was for Shao Fei. They had been close friends since their time in the police academy, so it was natural that Zhao Li An would help Shao Fei in this case.

When it came to Tang Yi and his group, Zhao Li An did not hold any grudge towards them, but since they were gangsters, he did not trust them one bit. Gangsters in this city were well-known for causing terror to the public and conducting black market, so it was natural that people including Zhao Li An to distrust them.

Just like how Shao Fei distrusted Tang Yi, Zhao Li An did not trust Jack. Looking at Jack's records, nothing was mentioned about any illegal activities in his profile which could be considered quite suspicious since he was part of Tang Yi's group. Although the records might not mention it, Zhao Li An could feel that there was something suspicious about Jack by just looking at him. People might not see it, but Jack had an aloof expression on his face even though he would always smile like there was nothing wrong. It was definitely suspicious! This guy might be an assassin!

No one might know it, but Zhao Li An has a quite good instinct aside from his good luck. He was actually quite proud of having such an ability.

Finding Jack more suspicious, Zhao Li An started coming up with a piece of possible background information about him. In the end, he thought that Jack must be a product of the military department's experiment to create a secret weapon to destroy the ongoing problem with the horde of zombies that were overwhelming other cities. Right now the military might be testing his capabilities here in the city by being part of Tang Yi's group! This could be part of the reason why his profile did not have any flaws. Still, if Jack was part of the military's experiment to create a secret weapon, then wouldn't it be better if he was sent in the front lines or at the border?

When he thought about this, he laughed a bit. His imagination must be running wild to come up with such a scenario. One thing was for sure he thought, he knew that Jack was not an ordinary person. Eventually, he would find out who Jack truly was.

While he was still stuck in his own world thinking about plausible background information about Jack, Shao Fei was finishing some documents in order to release Jack. Meanwhile, Jack found himself staring at Zhao Li An after seeing that he was chuckling on his own. What a weird and interesting fellow!