Chapter 10 - Payback

Sorry for the long wait and thank you. 

I'll try to regularly update this.

====

"You! How do you know I live here?" Zhao Li An pointed at Jack in surprise.

"I'm not an ordinary civilian, remember?" Jack teased as he began approaching the little policeman.

Zhao Li An frowned. He knew that Jack was not ordinary since he was somehow related to the military department. Was he a secret agent? There was no time to think about this. He needed his wallet back!

"My wallet, you haven't returned it! Who's the robber now, huh?" Zhao Li An vented with slight irritation.

"Oh, you mean this?" Jack playfully waved the policeman's wallet. "There's nothing worth stealing, to be honest."

"You stole my wallet and you're still rude? Give it back to me." Zhao Li An attempted to grab his wallet back, but Jack did not give it to him straight away. He teased and played with him for a bit.

With Jack raising his hand higher while still holding Zhao Li An's wallet, the little policeman had to jump to get it.

This scene was quite embarrassing for the little policeman. He looked like a kid being bullied. Although, for the bully, he found it adorable and amusing.

"Look, I'm going to be late to my work. Please hand it over or I'll arrest you!" Zhao Li An used a more serious and authoritative tone to intimidate the gangster.

"Pfft," Jack only held his laugh. He was not at all intimidated and he was more inclined to tease him.

Not wanting to bring too much inconvenience, he handed the wallet back to its rightful owner. He thought that he had enough of teasing this little policeman for today, at least.

Zhao Li An quickly checked the contents of his wallet to make sure that nothing was stolen.

"You don't trust me?" Jack asked jokingly.

Zhao Li An quickly glanced at him, "Can't trust gangsters."

Jack just shrugged. "Well, I did help you out yesterday."

When he thought about yesterday's event, Zhao Li An could not refute what Jack said. He was quite helpful and reliable.

"Why did you leave without saying anything?" Zhao Li An remembered that Jack left when his backup came.

Jack was stunned for a moment as his eyes widened. It seemed that he misunderstood the little policeman's question. Surely it would not be the last misunderstanding that he would have with him.

"You were looking for me?" Jack asked to his disbelief.

Zhao Li An was unable to decipher Jack's sudden change of expression. Still, he replied sincerely. "Yeah. I wanted to thank you for helping me out."

Jack then slowly got closer to Zhao Li An. 

"Uhuh...," he whispered while he looked directly into the policeman's eyes.

Zhao Li An slightly frowned. Why was Jack getting closer to him? He decided to step back and shrink his neck like a turtle.

"And t-to get my wallet back from you," he continued.

"Oh," Jack suddenly stopped from moving forward further. It was not the reply that he was anticipating. Well, what was it that he was anticipating anyway?

Putting back his wallet in one of his pockets, Zhao Li An checked the time on his phone.

"Oh no, I'm going to be late!"