Chapter 13 - Missing Grandson

"Wow! So fast!" Zhao Li An exclaimed as his eyes widened in excitement at their ordered food. There were various types of cooked seafood, meat, soup, etc. They were certainly appetizing and mouth-watering even with just a small whiff of the aroma and the way they were professionally presented.

"More will come, dear guest," the female server said with a smile. Zhao Li An gulped. He could not wait to taste all of them!

One by one, the female server laid the plates of food on the table. While she was doing so, Zhao Li An was thinking of what to try first. With the choices, he then decided to settle with eating giant king crab legs first. Parts of the shell of the legs were already removed and the soft meat inside was doused with different ingredients: butter, herbs, and squeezed lemon.

"I'll be back within a minute." With that, the female server left with her cart.

Before trying them out, he glanced at Jack with glitters of excitement and desire to devour the food in his eyes. It was as if he was asking for permission to start eating or that he was asking if the food served was truly his.

Jack's mood changed for the better. With a smile while looking back at the easily pleased adorable policeman, he nodded.

"Go ahead. This is all for you," he said with such tenderness.

"Okay!" Zhao Li An laughed lightly. Before he did eat the crab legs, he grabbed one of the crab legs and handed it to Jack.

"I don't want to be the only one eating and trying this. Here."

Jack suppressed his laugh. He came to this place quite often, so he had already experienced tasting everything on the menu. Still, this was his first time inviting someone personally to eat with him. It was certainly a new experience for him.

He did not refuse the young policeman and grabbed the crab leg.

As soon as he tasted the soft meat of the crab leg, Zhao Li An was stunned for a second.

Jack noticed this reaction. "You don't like it?"

Zhao Li An quickly shook his head. "It's really good!"

Within less than a minute or so, he already cleaned three crab legs.

"You should slow it down. Take your time," Jack cautioned as he ate some more crab legs. Somehow, his appetite became better and bigger. The food tasted better. Did the chef add anything new to the food?

"En," Zhao Li An replied while his mouth was full.

"Alright, the rest of your order is here," the female server said. She brought another cart full of food and a small table. The table in the booth, where both Zhao Li An and Jack were eating, was already full of plates. She had to bring another one to place the rest of the dishes. While setting up, she was contemplating the relationship between Jack and his guest. Usually, Jack would be on his own when eating in this place. It was for the first time that he brought someone in here. He even allowed his guest to order a ton of food. Were they brothers? Cousins?

As the female server was thinking about the relationship between the two, Jack noticed a piece of crab meat on the side of Zhao Li An's mouth. Instead of telling the young policeman about it, he took the initiative to remove it himself. Reaching out with his hand, he wiped Zhao Li An's face with a paper napkin.

"There was a piece of meat," Jack beamed as he locked his gaze with Zhao Li An.

The young policeman did not move and let the rich gangster wipe his mouth. Both of them ignored that someone was stealthily observing them as they seemed to focus on one another.