Chapter 9 - Your Name is Cabbage

Removing his blanket that was covering his face, he slowly looked at the direction where the source of the noise came from.

Looking down by his bed, he was surprised that the teleporting pig was there.

"You!? What are you doing here?" Zhao Li An asked in confusion.

What was this pig doing in his house? Was it trying to steal?

The pig just stood there and looked at the owner of the house directly into his eyes as if trying to say something quite important.

"Oink! Oink! Oink!" (I need a safe place to stay.)

Zhao Li An frowned. It was odd that the pig was not teleporting away. Usually, whenever he would encounter this pig personally, it would quickly disappear.

"You haven't teleported away too after seeing me. What's happening here exactly? You're not stealing are you?" Zhao Li An said with suspicion. He looked around at his bedroom while still in bed to see if he had missing items. There was none thankfully.

"Oink. Oink," the pig replied with a sigh. ("I'm not going to steal anything here.")

Even though the pig was not teleporting away, Zhao Li An would not be able to catch him in any way, even if he wanted to. So, he stood up and tried to know why the pig came here.

Remembering the picture frame of the old farmer and his family that was in his bookshelf, he wanted to take it and to observe it. Yet, before he could even touch it, the pig was already pulling his black pajamas down.

The pig struggled as he was pulling Zhao Li An back, "OINK!! OIIINNNKKK!" ("Don't touch my family picture!")

Zhao Li An quickly tried to pull back his pajamas back, "What do you think you're doing?"

Seeing that the police officer stopped touching his family picture frame, the pig stopped pulling.

"Oink!" ("Hmph!")

Somehow, Zhao Li An felt the contempt from the pig's voice, which made him confused.

He looked at the picture frame again and tried to grab it, but he was once again stopped by the pig's pulling.

Zhao Li An stopped and confronted the pig. "Hey, how can you act this way? You're in my house!"

"OINK!" ("HMPH!")

The young police officer felt the contempt once again from the pig. This time, it was more obvious. In any case, Zhao Li An could not accept such behavior.

"Hey, I don't appreciate the tone of your voice. You should give others a respect if you want to earn respect too. That's what my late grandmother taught me," Zhao Li An scolded the pig even though he knew that it might not understand what he was saying. Still, he could not help it.

When the pig heard the word "grandmother", he quickly stopped what he was doing. Although he could not speak the human language, he was smart enough to understand what people say. Hearing that the young policeman mentioned his grandmother, the pig seemed to remember his now dead human grandparents who adopted him. When he learned the death of his human grandfather, he was prepared for it. He did not cry although he was saddened to lose him.

In any case, somehow at this point, he felt that he was on the verge of crying. Why, at this point, he had this urge to cry?

The teleporting pig looked down as he sat down on the floor. Meanwhile, Zhao Li An felt that he somehow hit a sore spot on the pig. Although he was not sure if the pig did understand what he just said, yet the fact that the pig changed its attitude after scolding him just could mean that it could understand him. Thinking about it, this change of attitude was probably related to the old farmer. In any case, Zhao Li An did feel bad.